Adaptors for Golden Princess

suexxx

You can get them onboard for $20 deposit that comes off your onboard credit. They refund when you return the deposit, if you don't want to buy one. Just ask your room steward.

I hadn't found this forum sadly a few weeks back and had found out about the outlets so I've already bought one I'll either use again or I'll sell it after will wait and see

Edited by Hawka

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would use the European plugs since they are 220. Someone must sell Australia/Europe adapters.

They do I think the plug in bath room on the golden princess does both looked like has a flap for the us one as well as the Europe one had no troubles with my plug glad a got the double adapter one very handy

Edited by Hawka
Forgot to name ship

• 1 year later...
I will be sailing on the Golden Princess in January and I use a 240V CPAP machine to sleep. I'm assuming besides the pin configuration I'm going to need a 110V intverter to convert the power to 240V? :D

I don't know if it's changed but the cabin I've had both times on the Golden princess has 2 us/jp sockets next to the mirror, 2 us/jp sockets behind the tv, all 4 of these are 110 volts. There is one European 240v in the bathroom, if you had an extension cord then that would work. I'm not sure how the bedside lamps are hooked up though if it is a plug I bet it will be the 110v configuration.

I will be sailing on the Golden Princess in January and I use a 240V CPAP machine to sleep. I'm assuming besides the pin configuration I'm going to need a 110V intverter to convert the power to 240V? :D

We board Golden on 1 Dec.

Mrs Elf also travels with a CPAP.

I shall post photos to this thread about the electrical arrangement we used for her CPAP when we return.

We have never had an issue with CPAP or any other electrical appliances on any cruise ship as we carry an international power board and an extension cord.

BIG WARNING - make sure your power board does NOT have a surge suppressor or the people on these boards will make you walk the plank.

It is also likely that the safety inspectors will not allow you to use it on-board and confiscate it.

The reason is that they are not compatible with the ships electrical system and may cause electrical fires. If you want to confirm please check other related posts on this topic.

Further. you may need to check that your appliance operates on multiple voltages.

If you are interested the power board we use is from Aldi, it was (and may still be available at Aldi now).

It also features USB charging points and electrical outlets.

It was recently on sale (last week), my local Aldi it still has them.

You should be fine with your CPAP as long as you have let Princess know in advance that you need the distilled water to use in it.

If not, when you meet your Room Fairy (Steward) just tell him and he will arrange for power/water etc, they are very used to it.

Most of all .........enjoy your cruise :D

Hawka, Look at Pam's photo in post #13. That double adapter might cover up the light switch for the desk light.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i dont remember it covering anything like that but maybe wrong but i didnt use that light often anyway natural light through my window etc during day and if i had a light on was bedside or ceiling light when i wasnt charging it was not plugged in