No Towel Animals

hollon

I went to Alaska on the Star and I noticed we never got towel animals on our beds, does Princess not do towel animals anymore ?

With the exception of our first two sailings, our children have always sailed with us. We only had three towel animals on our sailings with Princess. The last time was in June on our Alaska cruise, we came back to the room one night and had a towel animal (just that one night).

So it can happen but it is not a routine or mandate with Princess cruise lines. Disney did it every night. On board Celebrity we have them every now and then as well.

My 1st Princess cruise was 1986 on the Royal Princess. Many of the crew were British, although contracts were ending, we had towel animals quite a few days on the 2 week cruise. We bought some stuffed animals and the room steward would put them in different places with notes, she was awesome and fun. She did not have 20+ cabins either.

On the day you board, you will meet with your cabin Steward most likely after muster drill, or even before. In 17 Princess cruises, we have always met our cabin steward on the first day. At that initial meeting you would request your top sheet, bathrobes, extra glasses or towels, or whatever you desire. We always have a set list of things, two extra glasses in the bathroom, robes, top sheet, get rid of feather pillows substitute with foam

As far as the fridge, we've only ever had an empty fridge which holds nothing but an ice bucket until we reached Elite status, where they do fill our fridge with goodies, but they are complimentary. Otherwise you will have an empty fridge with ice bucket.

Don't stress over your first cruise. Just go and ENJOY!

Heck, in the olden days, nobody had a cruise board to go to to even learn about anything, hence, nothing to worry about.

Just go a relax. You will get a million different opinions on CC.

Everyone has different preferences.

Before we became Elite there was always at least one large bottle of water in the refrigerator. There was a card on top of the refrigerator stating the charge for the water. We always trade the Elite bar set up for coffee cards, but the extra cost water is still in the refrigerator.

On the day you board, you will meet with your cabin Steward most likely after muster drill, or even before. In 17 Princess cruises, we have always met our cabin steward on the first day. At that initial meeting you would request your top sheet, bathrobes, extra glasses or towels, or whatever you desire. We always have a set list of things, two extra glasses in the bathroom, robes, top sheet, get rid of feather pillows substitute with foam

As far as the fridge, we've only ever had an empty fridge which holds nothing but an ice bucket until we reached Elite status, where they do fill our fridge with goodies, but they are complimentary. Otherwise you will have an empty fridge with ice bucket.

Don't stress over your first cruise. Just go and ENJOY!

Heck, in the olden days, nobody had a cruise board to go to to even learn about anything, hence, nothing to worry about.

Just go a relax. You will get a million different opinions on CC.

Everyone has different preferences.

L l

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Towel animals are a nice surprise, some of them are quite clever, but for me, it doesn't make or break a cruise. I remember reading on "CC" a complaint from someone who claimed that her cruise was "Absolutely" "Ruined" because there were no "Towel Animals" (jeez, get a grip woman).

Towel animals are a nice surprise, some of them are quite clever, but for me, it doesn't make or break a cruise. I remember reading on "CC" a complaint from someone who claimed that her cruise was "Absolutely" "Ruined" because there were no "Towel Animals" (jeez, get a grip woman).

All a matter of your priorities. :D

I heard about that back in the day, but that would kind of creep me out now, to be honest. [emoji79]

Lingerie is so personal. The thought of someone going through my stuff..... ewwww!

I found it kind of creepy too. We would really hide our night gowns. Even put them back in the suit case. But he would find them all the time. He would seem to prefer one night gown or PJ over the other. Because he would lay out the one he liked. He would put it in the shape of a body. Pinched in at the waist and flared out at the top and bottom.

In over 30 cruises with Princess we've had 3 towel animals, and 2 of them were on the last cruise which we were in a suite, not sure if that makes a difference. We've never asked for them, never will, but I have to admit that when we return to the cabin at the end of the day and see one it usually brings a smile to our faces. I've always commented to the cabin steward how they have put a smile on our face, and they always seem to smile about it as well. I'm thinking the guys and gals who are cabin stewards, are stuck on the ship for up to 7 months at a time and it must get pretty mundane, so it they make a towel animal especially for a young child and see them get excited about it, I'm sure it makes them feel good as well, so win, win.

Before we became Elite there was always at least one large bottle of water in the refrigerator. There was a card on top of the refrigerator stating the charge for the water. We always trade the Elite bar set up for coffee cards, but the extra cost water is still in the refrigerator.

Forgot about the water. Ours was always outside the fridge with a little card stating the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never received a towel animal on any of my 5 Princess cruises, and I would love to have them! Our last cruise, I attended the folding demonstration, and afterwards they had a contest where if you could answer a question, you could take one of the towel animals back to the cabin, then home. I won this huge alligator, which was OK since I had driven to the port. He now lives in my guest room. ☺

• 3 months later...

Had our first taste of towel animals onboard our first ever (and probably last) RCCL cruise.

They were just plain spooky. Imagine coming into a room at dusk and finding a snake like object, including snake eyes, on your bed. We think it was supposed to be a swan, but was an epic fail. The only really interesting one was a monkey dangling from a coat hanger.

We are glad that Princess does not have towel animals. With all the notices about conserving water and protecting the environment from laundry detergents, why would you want to add towels from 1500 or so cabins for towel animals?

Thats not how it works though. They dont get to go into town earlier if they dontvmake towel animals. Most dont get to go ashore at all. Everyone needs to lighten up and stop acting like crotcherty old people. If someone gave you a gift that you didnt particularly like surely you would smile and pretend to like it. Well do the same here. The cabin stewards seem genuinly happy if they are praised for their towel animals. It also probably also gives them a few minuits to stop racing around cleaning toilets etc to do something pleasant. And maybe NCL stewards do have more time on their hands. Maybe NCL treat their staff better than other cruiselines. We love NCL and wouldnt cruise with anyone else. Just go withe the flow and enjoy your holiday and stop doing the Scrooge ba humbig. This post isnt just aimed at you but all the other whingers in previous posts complaining about getting towel animals

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Whatever are you commenting on the Princess board for if, as you state, "We love NCL and wouldn't cruise with anyone else". Are you part of NCL's marketing team? Signed old person but not " crotcherty , Scrooge ba humbug or whingers" Carry on cruising, every day's a bonus.:D