Back from first cruise, Thank you!

flamingogal75

We sailed on the Regal and just got back a week ago Monday. It was the Western Caribbean cruise, so it wasn't affected by any hurricanes. I don't know if we'll take another cruise because of how much it was, because we have to fly in from a distance, we can't do the really cheap last minute deals. Because Regal was such a beautiful ship with such a great crew, I think hubby would be disappointed by anything cheaper, LOL.

Thank you to all the posters on this board, I received great information and even some info on getting extra shipboard credit that our travel agent failed to mention. I wouldn't have had such a good time without you!:D

Pay it forward by telling your like minded friends how much you enjoyed your cruise and what help you got from CC.

Looking forward to seeing lots of smiley faces from you because you told your friends what to do so they the were pre-prepared.

Can you think of the 1 key thing you found useful?

Thank you to all the posters on this board, I received great information and even some info on getting extra shipboard credit that our travel agent failed to mention. I wouldn't have had such a good time without you!:D

Just curious. Can you share some details on what the extra shipboard credit that your TA failed to mention?

We sailed on the Regal and just got back a week ago Monday. It was the Western Caribbean cruise, so it wasn't affected by any hurricanes. I don't know if we'll take another cruise because of how much it was, because we have to fly in from a distance, we can't do the really cheap last minute deals. Because Regal was such a beautiful ship with such a great crew, I think hubby would be disappointed by anything cheaper, LOL.

We've been on the Regal twice and Royal once, we have two more TA's booked on the Regal. We fly everywhere we need to to catch the cruise/ship. We fly out of LAX and use EZ Air through Princess, best flight rates you can find bar none. This morning I checked our flights to Copenhagen for Sept. of '18 and they went down again from $448 pp to $418 pp, economy, I checked Premium Economy and for LAX-CPH then return LGA-LAX $725 pp, so I booked the Premium Economy, it was almost $1150 pp less than 2 weeks ago. Just some food for thought.

TA didn't mention that we were eligible for an extra $100 in shipboard credit since he was retired military, although we didn't ask about it either when we made the reservation. When we called her, she said she was out of town. Hubby contacted Princess directly and took care of the details to get the credit. If we would have waited a few days later it would have been too late.

Things we found useful: If you want a seat at an early show in the main theater, get their early. You can dine in the MDR for lunch on embarkation day and on sea days, even if the sign says club dining and you're not. Crooners has a 2-1 drink special at 3 p.m. There is a funny story attached to this. Princess leaves the Caymans early, so we didn't have time for lunch because we were too busy . After we got on board we went straight to Crooners for the special, hubby ordered two rounds. Two quick drinks on an empty stomach had me on the Lido deck saying "Bartender another round of those swirl ice cream cones" to everybody's amusement.