Roll Call

Judy31

Thank you GMT, I have been on many cruises where we had so much action on cruise critic, it's hard to believe that not even one person besides you responded and I do appreciate your feed back. This is our first Costa cruise, I would love to find one couple going to Marseille and Copenhagen. I'm looking forward to this itinerary in May and hope others are too.

Judy31

This Costa forum is very low key with not much activity. One of the reasons being is that Costa is multi-national / European based, the different nationalities will mix to a certain extent omboard but fall well short of participating in a meet and greet.

Hi Judy31,

Although the English speaking meetings seem a thing of the past now on Costa, you will be seated with others who speak English in the dining room.

Also do seek contact with the English host during the cruise, (normally deck five in evenings) she/he can put you in touch with any others on board who might like a little company.

Overall during our 20 years with Costa we have always met up with at least one couple either while on board or before hand.

Who knows we might even add that one to our cruises next year if we can't get what we require from the Victoria after it's re-furb.

Thank you tenpin and G.M.T., I really appreciate your input. I was reading several reviews and most were negative, even the one in the suite which is 3 cabins from the suite I booked. Hopefully we will have a positive experience, I thought the suite had more perks especially dinning in the Club Restaurant, B,L, and D at no charge. I am looking forward to the itinerary, Barcelona is the only city that we have been to previously which we spent 3 nights pre and post. Do you know anything about hotels in Marseille and Copenhagen, my TA suggested a few 4 stars but in Copenhagen they are super expensive and 3 stars are fine with me. Anyway, thak you again. Judy31

Hi Judy,

If I may let me tell you about the 'suites' on Costa, in the main these are now three cabins that have been converted into two suites. They are quite acceptable and roomy, have a separate dressing room and bath with a Jacuzzi & shower. This only applies to the ones roughly amidships not on the stern which are the grand suites.

We have enjoyed one on most of our later cruises & also have really enjoyed the extra perks we get, the club restaurant offers nice food in a really lovely setting, the priority boarding and VIP areas in Savona & Barcelona are awesome if if have any time to wait once at the terminal. As we are also Perla Diamante members I love the fact our cases are sent out before the cruise and returned home for us, this has enabled us to continue traveling without the added fuss on handling our suitcases.

You can also get off whatever time you want which makes booking flights or timings easy.

The Butler is useful at times and swerve breakfast rather nicely in your cabin.

Enjoy the experience & make up your own mind, too many moaners on most cruises, me thinks

WOW! Thank you for all the positive info, I feel so much better. We have been on Celebrity and Holland several times, also RC, Princess, and Queen Mary2 so Costa is quite different in that there are few American speaking passengers. I'm turning all the negative reviews into having a great time with my husband celebrating our 50th Anniversary. I think we have a regular suite 7328, we were the last to book a suite and that was in July.

Thank you again,

Judy31

Hi Tenpin, I don't know if that is your name but again thanks for all the info about the suites. That's so funny that your cabin was right by ours, I wish you were on our cruise. Do you know Costa"s email? I can never get them on the phone and I have a few questions I thought maybe they would respond to an email. My TA always gets through but I don't want to burden her with my questions. Thank you again, Judy31

Hi Judy,

My name is Geoff, but tenpin came from my years as a tenpin Bowler I travelled the world, bowling in any open tournaments.

Not sure where you are from but try info@uk.costa.it normally takes two three days for a reply.

If you do not get a quick answers let me know & I'll find your answers for you as I have a personal Costa contact in Genoa.

Thank you so much Geoff! We are from Boynton Beach, Florida, only 45 min. from Ft. Lauderdale Port Everglades, easy to cruise from here except Europe and my husband doesn't like transatlantic cruises, too much ship time, he likes to get out and explore. Thanks for the email address, Ill try it and let you know.

Judy31.

Hi Judy,

Know Florida well, bowled in the greater Miami International many times, even won the senior event three years running with different partners. Cruised out of Fort Lauderdale many times in the 80/90's love the area very much.

You might find that putting us or usa instead of uk before costa it. works, but you should get a reply from Simona in the UK branch even though they are based in Genoa Italy. Let me know how it goes, will be at home for a couple more weeks.

Thank you, thank you thank you! My email finally went through! I have called several times but I thinks they are very short on help as I held on at least 20 min before I gave up. Geoff, I appreciate your help and advise so much, you have no idea. I was never concerned with any of the other ships that I was on but this one didn't even have a brochure, and the site really lakes information, anyway, thank you again. Judy31

Great news pleased to be of help. Costa is notorious for putting out info and even answering phones world wide, the site is the worst I ever seen.

Still love their cruises though, hope you get everything sorted and eventually have a great cruise.

These numbers may help for Costa USA:

Customer Service 18002477320

Reservations: 18004626782

I haven't used email to communicate with them so don't have information for that.

Also, I wouldn't worry about bothering your TA with questions! My experience is that they are always willing to help! I think they get excited about cruising too!!

Happy Sailing!!!