Departing aboard the Breakaway in 7 days, what am I forgetting?

Zenica

To use or to buy?

I don't wish to come home with a second hole punch that gets the same use as my existing one!

Perhaps I just bring lanyards already punched and with a neck cord?

Yes, bring them if you have them and need them.

It seems like this may be your first cruise and if so, let me give you a little bit of advice. DON'T over pack and bring too much stuff, especially, if you have a couple of rug rats tagging along. So many people come back to the forum after their first cruise and say "damn, what the hell was I thinking".

Just a little food for thought. And no, don't pack any food. lol

I am a minimalist when it comes to packing but I will never take another cruise without packing something for intestinal upset. There is a lot of different foods on a cruise that I want to try and I eat more and differently than I am used to.

I am a minimalist when it comes to packing but I will never take another cruise without packing something for intestinal upset. There is a lot of different foods on a cruise that I want to try and I eat more and differently than I am used to.

yes. always pack a bottle of pepto bismol and tums. seasickness can also cause an upset stomach too

Rubber place mat for your night stand (prevents cups/glasses from sliding) This one caught me off guard! The ship moves that much?

No, the ship doesn't move "that much" but small items such as medication tablets and earrings tend to slide/roll of the smooth surface of the nightstands.

Corkscrew:

Don't forget to pack a corkscrew for your wine!

Kids Toys:

If your children sleep with their favourite toy at home, let them bring it along aboard ship (if it's not a giant teddy bear)

Again, enjoy and SHIP AHOY!

Adding Pepto & Tums to list.

I'll skip the flushable wipes, not doing that to the room steward!

This is our first cruise...I would agree, over packing can be a mistake BUT given this is our first cruise I'll err on the side of better to have than want. Plus our next cruise is a few months away so I'll learn what was overkill from this trip.

Magnetic hooks? Is there a lot of metal in the cabin?

This is our first cruise...I would agree, over packing can be a mistake BUT given this is our first cruise I'll err on the side of better to have than want. Plus our next cruise is a few months away so I'll learn what was overkill from this trip.

It’s all metal, walls, ceiling, doors. We bought some on amazon.

Just got off the Breakaway yesterday. The safe uses a 4 digit pin that you put in. We used a hotel key card for the electricity. We would partially remove it so it was disengaged but our steward would leave it on. She also did not unplug anything but we never left things charging that I can remember.

We always pack a bunch of meds - any prescriptions, tylenol, ibuprofin, alieve, benadryl, neosporin, bandaids, tums, pepto, gas X, and dramamine. We did not really need to use most of these. We only used the ibuprofin and the pepto. I can say that the ship was pretty rocky at times. fortunately we do not get seasick easily.

I would also make sure to bring some type of warmer clothes. It was pretty chilly especially on deck with the wind hitting. We did get pretty lucky with the weather and it was warm enough to use the pools and hot tubs just about every day. But at night the wind made it pretty cold if you are outside and they do a lot of parties outside in Spice H2O.

Bring the wipes and ask for feminine bags to place them in when done or bring small Ziploc bags to place them in when done.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Hangers are not necessary either. Ask your Room Steward for more if you need them.

Spare card for the light system---not ALLOWED to have things plugged in the electrical system if you are not in your room. Room stewards are REQUIRED to unplug anything they find. Your room key will keep your power on while you are in your room.

I have heard this quite and bit and have also read many confirmations about being denied the ability to use a dummy card for the light. My experience (all 3 times on the Breakaway) has been quite the opposite. Every time we arrived to our room there was already a spare key in there and it stayed in there 24/7 for the entire cruise. Not sure why my experience has been different.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm just like you I love those flushable wipes. What I do is bring along those baby disposable bags (sold for diapers or even doggie clean up) and throw anything "personal" into them before tying the bag up and disposing of it in the trash. Great for feminine products, baby wipes etc.

The only other thing I would recommend bringing is a small travel bottle of wrinkle release since clothes can get quite wrinkled in the suitcase. I hate to iron normally and I'm definitely not gonna do it on vacation. A quick spritz and a wipe and off I go wrinkle free :)

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

We take strong magnetic hooks and a sheet (we added grommets to it, or you can use clips) to hang a makeshift privacy curtain so parents and daughter have their own space and can change without moving to the bathroom, or leave a light on for reading.

Big fan of a medicines and first aid kit to avoid outrageous medical center bills for ordinary illnesses. Even norovirus can be handled with fluids and self-medication. I take a small packet of anti-bacterial wipes and wipe down surfaces and doorknobs in the cabin and hand sanitizer... all those serving utensils are touched by hundreds of people an hour. (or you can go back to the entrance and use theirs once in a while)

Also add this: Bring ship back to New York on time please! I get on the day you return :-)

Ok...we had a whole slew of things we packed...lol...let me go over what I felt were the most useful.

multi-port USB charger for our cell phones ect...

magnets! the walls are metal...you can hang all of your dailies ect...anything you would post at home...you can use the wall just inside the doorway as your cork board using magnents ;)

over the door shoe holder: we used this to hold all of the various items you might need on a trip away from home (we had 2 adults and 2 children in an inside room...not a lot of space lol) the shoe holder gave us lots of space to store and also be able to easily see the items when we needed them

refillable water bottles: we didn't have a drink package...we brought along "mio" drops (one of the things held in the shoe holder) and our water bottles...no need for the drink package

with the shoe holder there is no need to skimp on items...so you can get all of the small vacation sized items you might ever use at home....including band aids small med kit items...all of your toiletries...anything you can think of.

a cpl of external batteries to charge your cell phones...always good to have extra juice when in port....I would forgo the walkie talkies (as stated previously...not all that effective inside the ship and not very neighbor friendly) you may want to look at going with iconcierge on your cell phones. $9.99 per phone.

So we leave in a week...this is a list of items I plan to pack, in addition to clothes and personal effects.

Am I missing/omitting anything important?

med-kit (aspirin, bandaids, neosporin)

Epi-pen

night lite

thermos mug

flashlight

Command hooks

something for papers/receipts

power strip without surge protection

Charmin

Spare card with magnetic strip---someone suggested this, can't recall why though!

walkie talkies, military grade with a range of several miles

hangers

one bottle of wine

ear plugs

pillow

My 2 cents

Tide pen

Poo-Pourri

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My 2 cents

Tide pen

Poo-Pourri

I personally find that the CVS store brand stain remover pen works better than the Tide one... and of course my local CVS is sold out of them right now (I happen to also be on the same sailing as OP), looks like a wild goose chase the next few days around Thanksgiving to find that darn pen at a CVS.

I personally find that the CVS store brand stain remover pen works better than the Tide one... and of course my local CVS is sold out of them right now (I happen to also be on the same sailing as OP), looks like a wild goose chase the next few days around Thanksgiving to find that darn pen at a CVS.

If either of the two CVS stores near me has one, I'll grab you two!

Good idea on the pen....

Op when you get home you will wonder what you took half of this stuff for. We used to take long lists of stuff like this and now we don't. You will work out the essentials for you, just because someone else packed it doesn't mean it would be right for you. My tip is to note what you think you really used or needed.

Assuming your cruise is a week long, as you look over items you are packing, ask yourself if you can survive without that item for 7 measly days of your life. You’ll leave most this stuff home by doing that. You aren’t moving into a dorm.

Assuming your cruise is a week long, as you look over items you are packing, ask yourself if you can survive without that item for 7 measly days of your life. You’ll leave most this stuff home by doing that. You aren’t moving into a dorm.

Great advice

I agree for the most part... we brought stuff to make having 4 people in a small space bearable, but if it was just dh and myself we would pack clothes, meds, and be on our way!