Solstice Class - Has anyone ever replaced the showerhead in Standard rooms?

AtlantaCruiser72

Have any of you ever tried to bring your own handheld shower unit from home and unscrew the fixed shower head and replace it with your own on the Solstice class? Is this even possible?

I detest fixed shower heads and while I could go to the gym and use the showers there I'd almost rather bring mine from home and replace theirs temporarily - lol -:halo:

Have any of you ever tried to bring your own handheld shower unit from home and unscrew the fixed shower head and replace it with your own on the Solstice class? Is this even possible?

I detest fixed shower heads and while I could go to the gym and use the showers there I'd almost rather bring mine from home and replace theirs temporarily - lol -:halo:

I think that the first thing your cabin attendant would do is call maintenance to put the old one back in and leave you a nasty note. Messing with the plumbing on a cruise ship is probably not looked upon kindly.

Is this something you've done before on a cruise ship?

If not, I don't think this is the time to start.

And if so, I don't think this is the time to continue doing it.

I, too, think it will be greatly frowned upon as you are tampering with the ship's plumbing system.

Also a thing to keep in mind, a US-bought showerhead may not fit with the plumbing on a European-built ship.

Great idea, how much do you charge for hour? This just incase I have to call you when the toilet is blocked .

The other aspect is regarding insurance cover, you are carrying out your operation, you slip and are injured. Bingo you are on your own, X then comes along and sues you for theft and vandalismus.

PS. Let me know if you need a spanner. I always carry a full set of American, British and Metric for the odd job in the cabin. I foget how many connecting cabins I have made over the years - even with strangers next door.

I think I will bring my 60 inch flatscreen TV from home for my cabin next time. Should I just put a luggage tag on it and leave it with the baggage guys at check in?

Well it's not a complete set of spanners, it's more like a Swiss Army Knife. BUT I can still screw down dear MIL in her chair (electric) in 20 seconds.
I just spit my coffee on my screen! Really good one!! I needed my morning chuckle, thanks!

Loving all the responses! :loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:

I actually have ZERO intention of replacing the showerhead. I know full well it's a ridiculous proposition. I just wanted to see if anyone had ever tried, and what the boards would have to say about it. A "teaser" if you will.....

The lack of a hand held shower and clothesline were two of the biggest "misses" (among many) with the Solstice Class cabin design.

Last time i also took my toilet seat but that was confiscated when i embarked

The trick is to wear it like a hat - just makes you look like you're ready to party! Of course they may pull you out of the check-in line and send you to the nearest Carnival ship but that's a whole 'nother thread

Loving all the responses! :loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:

I actually have ZERO intention of replacing the showerhead. I know full well it's a ridiculous proposition. I just wanted to see if anyone had ever tried, and what the boards would have to say about it. A "teaser" if you will.....

The lack of a hand held shower and clothesline were two of the biggest "misses" (among many) with the Solstice Class cabin design.

In case you don’t know, the cabins on the S class ships were designed by a select group of women, big publicity at the time.

Why? :rolleyes: Seriously ... just why?

I have done that at hotels, where I know the shower heads are WAY to high for me to use.....but not all shower heads will fit these commercial brands they use. Be prepared for that!

Changing a shower head isn't rocket science....unscrew one, screw on the other...very simple, if the replacement head fits!

In case you don’t know, the cabins on the S class ships were designed by a select group of women, big publicity at the time.

I remember it well..... And the subsequent disappointment over the poorly located and reduced storage space. I cannot fathom any woman (especially a mother) saying - "let's put in a fixed shower head rather than a hand held, because that's so much easier (especially with kids". Same with the storage closet over the bed - unless all the women consultants were 6'4" I can't imagine anyone thinking that the over bed storage was a great idea as a primary shelving space.