After dry dock -Can you go straight to cabin?

Probably not. most likely be like reg cruise, they still have to get cabins ready in am such as Crown & Anchor flyers, water orders, coke cups that are ordered, stuff they put in each room. Also I did watch a video once where the Royal Dry Dock workers stayed in cabins.

Going on a cruise right after a dry dock. Can I go to my cabin right away since there isn't going to be any previous passengers, and take my luggage?

I would expect staterooms to open around 1pm, as usual.

Probably not. most likely be like reg cruise, they still have to get cabins ready in am such as Crown & Anchor flyers, water orders, coke cups that are ordered, stuff they put in each room. Also I did watch a video once where the Royal Dry Dock workers stayed in cabins.

You can.

Thanks for the replies. Sounds most likely I will. Would the people taking luggage know? Coming from the cold, so will be carrying winter things that want to stash right away.

I would not expect the porters to have accurate info about stateroom opening times.

Not unusual to have several rooms of contractors sail along with you on the first cruise out of dry dock. Not everything will get done by the time they sail and you may have workers putting the "finishing" touches on deck, trim, paint, etc. during the first few days of your cruise. I have also noticed that there are a lot of folks who are there to troubleshoot any problems with equipment (elevators, radars, pool pumps, etc.). They usually get off at a port and fly to wherever after a few days.

We have done 6 of these so far (3 on Royal) and never got in room early yet. I have heard others say different but like the upgrade fairy I have not been lucky enough to do the same.

I have however ruined my shirt when I leaned against the pool bar only to find a huge white stripe of paint across my shirt (they had literally just painted it the morning of departure). No big deal, cruise was great (they always are) and I have a "first cruise out of dry dock story" to tell ;)

We sailed on Grandeur last May on the first cruise out of dry dock and it was not a good experience. We were held up getting on the ship due to personnel and other issues and we ended up not leaving until 7:30pm instead of the scheduled 4:00pm.