medallion acsessories

Stu K

Hi all sorry if this has been covered I did have a look but could not find anything. When you watch the promo for princess Medallion it shows the wearable options for it. Can these be purchased online? I have looked all over but found nothing.

Thanks in advance desperate husband doing Christmas shopping.

Stu K

and that 'device' will open your door and allow Princess to track your every movement from one of their other 'devices'.

you can't order drinks, schedule excursions, spas etc with just the medallion. you can pay for drinks if your order them from a bar, just like your cruise card, only they don't have to swipe it.

from what I understand

and that 'device' will open your door and allow Princess to track your every movement from one of their other 'devices'.

you can't order drinks, schedule excursions, spas etc with just the medallion. you can pay for drinks if your order them from a bar, just like your cruise card, only they don't have to swipe it.

from what I understand

That was the last few sailings. Hopefully they have this up and running soon and the medallions will be able to be used to order drinks, etc.

Can the Medallion be used by someone WITHOUT a device of some sort? :confused:

As usual on Cruise Critic, a simple question gets a slew of half-baked answers.

OC, am I correct in assuming that when you say "without a device of some sort," you mean without an associated SmartPhone or Tablet device or PC.

If I have your correct meaning, then the answer is an unqualifed, "Yes."

The fact is the medallion is a "device." Functionally, it replaces the mag-stripe key card that the cruise lines now use. The medallion will allow you to board the ship, leave the ship, will be "scanned" for any on-board purchase and will open your cabin door without any ancillary device. This is what I mean by "functionally replacing the key card."

Now, Princess is adding an array of capabilities to the medallion system that go beyond those purposes. Most of these features do require an ancillary device. However, this, again, does not require the the medallion be associated with passenger's personal intelligent device. The cabin TV could be used or public access devices distributed around the ship will be available for use by anyone.

So, the cabin TV or one of these public displays can be used to do such things as:

• View an electronic version of the day's Patter.

• Order a drink to be delivered at 2:30 pm at the pool.

• Request directions to the Botticelli Dining Room (or back to your cabin).

• Book excursions.

• Make a dinner reservation at Crown Grill.

Keep in mind, also, that for the foreseeable future current capabiliites will not go away. So,

• You can still use your cabin phone to make a dining reservation or a spa reservation.

• You can also walk to those venues and make reservations

• You can walk to the tour desk to book excursions.

• You can also perform any of the above prior to your cruise through the cruise personalizer.

OC, if I have complicated your question I do apologize. I'm just trying to be thorough. Although I may have failed, I was also trying to be succint.

Is there an extra charge for the medallion vs a regular cruise card?

No.

Do you have a choice?

At the moment, the answer to that is fuzzy, at best.

:confused:

In the initial announcements, Princess did make statements that seemed to indicate that a passenger could opt out. I really don't recall the exact statement. However, that makes no sense to me. It may very well be that up until some stage of the roll-out, the passenger may be able to get a cruise card, but I would think that, eventually, that option would disappear. Again, JMO.