Current Open Hotels in San Juan

SeaTrailer

Comfort Inn just sent a cancellation notice for my reservation 1/19/2018 and /1/20/2018

Yes I posted on another thread. I called in the other day to verify our February reservation. I was told by Comfort Inn that all reservations prior to Feb 28th will be cancelled. They cancelled mine that day.

We stayed at the DoubleTree last night. This was our 3rd hotel reservation after receiving cancellations from Sheraton Old San Juan and Holiday Inn Express. The hotel has electricity and full services. Had dinner last night at Bebos Cafe which is just a short 2 min walk from the hotel, and is very good!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Forums mobile app

Yes I posted on another thread. I called in the other day to verify our February reservation. I was told by Comfort Inn that all reservations prior to Feb 28th will be cancelled. They cancelled mine that day.

Yikes, ours is for Feb. 23. I figured that far out it would be safe. What's the specific reason for cancelling then do you know?

Yikes, ours is for Feb. 23. I figured that far out it would be safe. What's the specific reason for cancelling then do you know?

They did not say. But they did refund very quickly. I had to call them late morning to confirm this. When I called in the evening they weren't sure, and had to wait for GM to come in the morning. So other posts said they were having water issues for floors higher than the second floor. So could be that or housing fema.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We are flying out midnight tonight and will be in San Juan tomorrow afternoon. we just received an email from the BW Plus Condado Palm Inn confirming our reservations and to check in online today for our arrival. This cruise has been the most nerve racking trip to plan but as of right now flights & hotel is confirmed. We will be on the NCL Dawn Sunday. Pam & Norm

We are currently in San Juan staying at the Condado Vanderbilt. Amazing property and they are totally up and running. We leave tomorrow on the Star Pride/ Windstar. We were booked at the Ritz but they are now closed for a year. The Condado area of SJU is in pretty good shape w some of the surrounding hotels fully operational.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just received an email today saying my Embassy Suites reservation for January 6th is cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were booked in the Embassy Suites for Jan 26th. When I rang the Hilton reservation number I was told that the hotel was open for business as usual. However on the hotel website it was showing full up until the end of march which I found strange, so I rang the hotel direct and was advised that they weren't taking bookings until April as the hotel was being used for staff who were doing repairs on the island. She advised that they were advising guests by email in blocks of dates that they would be cancelled but at no charge, so if you reserved and prepaid to get a lower rate you will get a full refund.

Regards.

Paul

PS now staying at the AC hotel by Marriott

Just got a credit for the hotel we booked.......no cancellation notice. When I called they said they were running on a generator and housing Fema and not taking reservations until May 31st.

There are hotels rooms available but at an unbelievable rate, so went online and booked airbnb.

Carol

Just got a credit for the hotel we booked.......no cancellation notice. When I called they said they were running on a generator and housing Fema and not taking reservations until May 31st.

There are hotels rooms available but at an unbelievable rate, so went online and booked airbnb.

Carol

Hotel Miramar is accepting reservations and is reasonable. They’re not on a generator anymore. I’ll be there in a few days - so was just talked to them yesterday to confirm. Book through Expedia and you’ll get breakfast included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carol

just curious...which hotel?

Received an email today (11/27/17) from Juan at Hotel Milano saying that they were open and have electricity !

We had booked Hotel Milano for Nov. 23 & 24 and they cancelled us. We had paid in full and never received our money back after several unanswered telephone calls and emails. We stayed at the hostel two doors down from Hotel Milano, so we went in to inquire about getting our money back. Yes, they said they have electricity...but they only have 2 rooms available and they have had problems with those rooms. We were told to come back in the morning when the manager was there to ask about our refund. The next morning we went in and got the run around again. Were told to email the manager.:confused:

Once onboard the ship our friends ran into a couple who actually occupied one of the two rooms, There were problems in the room and it was not clean. They wished they had never stayed. I’d be careful in believing that they are fully functional. I think it will he a battle to get our money back.

All this is leaving me with the decision to not stay in San Juan next year before and after our cruise. Yes, hotels are housing FEMA and contractors, yes some have actual electric damage and hurricane damage.....but local feet on the ground management at many Hotels are not responding ethically. Hotel Milano is an example. Multiple hotels claim hurricane damage when in fact they are filled with FEMA, last minute cancellations, complete lack of concern for those who booked months ago. While there may be corporate decisions on the contracts - how they are communicating - These are not corporate responses, these are coming from local hotel management. Many of the Hotels who are accepting reservations have increased their rates to beyond reasonable rates...Olive is an example of that, as are many others. This whole experience we went through with Sheraton Old San Juan for our original trip this year.......I just am so unimpressed with how many in the the hotel industry in San Juan is handling their booked guests.

Maybe we need to start a thread tracking the Hotels and Airbnb who are treating tourists with fairness and without price gouging - maybe a list of those who deserve future business needs to be highlighted so that people can know this, and make an informed choice on who they want to spend their money with.....because at this point the list of who I would not spend my money is way too long.

Stayed at El Canario Boutique Hotel (aka Canario Inn) thanksgiving weekend. They were running on generators, and anyone from FEMA had enough sense to not stay there. I knew what I was getting into as far as room/bathroom size and (lack of ) amenities, however was not counting on having cash stolen followed by the attitude of the owner concerning the theft. The regular folks working the front desk were friendly and knowledgeable about the restaurants etc in the area however. Their sister hotel is Wind Chimes, and although it does have a beautiful small pool that Canario guests can use, it is run by the same people and is in a pretty sketchy stretch just off Ashford. Open, but also not recommended.

Post cruise I was supposed to stay at Canario by the Lagoon, which is not related in any way to the Boutique. It's a great little place, with a great staff, but it was taken over by FEMA so I was out of luck. I arrived there and the front desk said they cancelled all reservations through May a week ago...I had called to confirm but the cancellation happened while I was cruising. Expedia did not bother to inform anyone, and the lobby was full of people like me who thought they had reservations but really no longer did.

Expedia was at fault not the hotel. They are now on the Naughty List.