Live from the Regal Princess First Ocean Medallion Cruise November 13 2017

mcg1313

I also turn my phone off when on a ship.

I may use it in port but not on the ship at all!

I don't really want to use all those features of the medallion except the ones we do now with our room key card.

I suppose I do not belong in the modern world at all! The info about the medallion says we can turn off the other features and just set it on "emergency" and that's probably what I'll do.

That is certainly an option indeed! Although I use the phone for all the other things so I'll have it, especially for those quick photo ops! But I think the phone will give you the freedom to turn on (or off) what you want/don't want... and totally off by turning off the wireless. Just never know with that Medallion since there's no "switch" on the thing! lol

just found this on amazon...anyone with a medallion...could you tell me if you think this would work holding the medallion....

:confused:

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Medallion-Holder-Keychain-Silicone/dp/B01N5KS9S4/ref=pd_sbs_229_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NPG6JQ93CPR5S5AD4AA9

Perhaps someone will order this & report back to people on Cruise Critic.

Tom😎

Just a thought, and perhaps something for a cruiser to test. When we carry our car FOB in the same pocket as our iPhone, it interferes with some functions of the FOB including the ability to unlock our car doors. So I am wondering if carrying the ***** next to an iPhone (or an Android phone) causes a problem with any functions...such as opening the cabin door.

Hank

Has anyone been able to get Ocean Compass to link to a current reservation?

https://ocean-compass-web.prod.ocean.com/no-journey

It will not allow me to enter my birthday in the profile info although it does in the link a reservation page. Our cruise is in June so I'm not a rush, just curious.

I have not...I have the same issue

Thanks. I won't spend any more time on it..

Sandi

On another thread someone posted about name used vs legal name used to book the cruise...I checked princess has my middle name but no where on the ocean site does it ask for middle name...tried adding it to first name...still nope. Our cruise is in August and so far am not impressed. But then again we weren't planning on using the majority of the new things..we don't drink or gamble so basically it is just a new way to open our door, purchase items and board the ship.

I would like to hear from those that have it how they reboarded the ship in port as usually I have had the port security want to see sail card and id...would they even know what the medallion is?

It will not allow me to enter my birthday in the profile info although it does in the link a reservation page. Our cruise is in June so I'm not a rush, just curious.

I have tried numerous times for my cruise in January and it states that it cannot find my reservation. I hope this isn't a view of things to come.:(

I am wondering if they are initially giving passengers one of the bracelets with the medallion? I am scheduled to sail on the Regal in February and am just curious. If you get/have that info thanks. I appreciate you starting this thread

Dana

We were given the rubber wristbands when we got our medallions at the cruise terminal on 11/13.

Kristin

I called the number they provided. They are only working on the Nov/Dec sailings now. My rez is for march. She said too early.

We are on the 11-26 sailing and we just received out Medallions today at 1 PM eastern.

I was able to set up my wife's ocean compass account without a problem. I created her account as new from scratch. Princess entered my information into my ocean compass as I was having a problem getting into the web site. Now I get a message that the name does not match the reservation. Princess IT is supposedly working on it.

I will be sailing on the Regal in March 2018. According to my Cruise Personalizer:

CAPTAIN'S CIRCLE PLATINUM & ELITE UNLIMITED BENEFIT

During our Ocean Medallion Preview Cruises, we're pleased to provide Platinum and Elite guests with unlimited MedallionNet WiFi for one device per member

I am an Elite member so I will have “unlimited wifi for one device”. I use both the iPhone and iPad on board. Does this unlimited wifi restrict to either the iPhone or the iPad ? Or does it mean “ one device at a time” and I can switch between 2 devices. If not, do I have to purchase internet minutes for my second device.

Hope someone on board now have the answer.

Thank you

Currently, when I sail Princess, I have free 250 internet minutes and I can switch between 2 devices ( log out from one device and log in the second device)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will be sailing on the Regal in March 2018. According to my Cruise Personalizer:

CAPTAIN'S CIRCLE PLATINUM & ELITE UNLIMITED BENEFIT

During our Ocean Medallion Preview Cruises, we're pleased to provide Platinum and Elite guests with unlimited MedallionNet WiFi for one device per member

I am an Elite member so I will have “unlimited wifi for one device”. I use both the iPhone and iPad on board. Does this unlimited wifi restrict to either the iPhone or the iPad ? Or does it mean “ one device at a time” and I can switch between 2 devices. If not, do I have to purchase internet minutes for my second device.

Hope someone on board now have the answer.

Thank you

Currently, when I sail Princess, I have free 250 internet minutes and I can switch between 2 devices ( log out from one device and log in the second device)

I also have both. When you log in to ‘Medallion-net, it identifies whether or not that device is connected. You then select the button to connect. I could switch back and forth. If one was connected, it would identify that and offer to upgrade to have multiple devices connected. I would just logout of whichever device I didn’t want to use.

It was very easy to use and I found it very fast. Little difference from my service at home.

It was down for a few hours one evening, but with all the techs onboard, I just assumed they were working on it. There was a router(?) behind the TV. No more sitting by my open cabin door! Yeah!

5eb69954dce18bc14a7db86dc8635469.jpg

8848a18a00c3ecf1235ca6b26b978ef6.jpg