Pursuit - Announcing the three officers!

workingtocruise-59

All well-deserved and, frankly, the most logical choices. Carl because of his history with the ship and Ryzsard and Toney jumping between ships and serving as HD and CD already.

Now, hopefully, some desrving folks will get promotions.

By the way, this is the first e-mail I've gotten from Azamara in years.

All bets are off!

Just announced... the three officers for Pursuit are:-

Senior Captain - Carl Smith

Hotel Director - Ryszard Gusmann

Cruise Director - Tony Markey

Many congratulations to Carl, Ryszard and Tony!

Wonderful news and big congratulations to Ryszard and Tony- they both made a recent Baltic cruise with Azamara incredibly memorable (and Ryszard deserves a massive thanks for all the efforts he made in getting Lech Walesa on board in Gdansk). All the very best with their new pursuit (terrible pun sorry)...

Wonderful news, abiet from Social Media and not in an Azamara email. Congratulations to all three senior officers, you'll make a fine team. Very excited (and hopeful) that other senior officers and staff will get well earned promotions as well. Now looking forward to our four Quest cruises for next year and two booked so far on the Pursuit for early 2019 and lots of new destinations for us!

Edited by aussie travel bird

This is such wonderful news and as others have said, very well deserved for Tony and Ryszard to finally get their own ship.

Captain Carl, as Senior Azamara Captain was always going to be Captain of Pursuit.

Will be interesting to see who is promoted to the other senior positions onboard Pursuit. I nominate the wonderful Laze as senior Maitre'd. 😄

Very good news, congratulations to Carl, Ryszard and Tony although I don’t think this announcement came as a surprise.

We also both received emails containing the announcement so things are definitely looking up, hopefully when the rest of Pursuit’s 2019 itineraries are released there will be something for us as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Excellent new! In the past all our cruises have been on the Quest with Capt Carl and Tony, so I thought we wouldn’t get to cruise with them again as our future cruises are booked for the Journey and a B2B on the Pursuit. Delighted to hear they will be on the Pursuit!

All very well deserved but has others have said no surprises.

I hope that the other Captain and Quests replacement are promoted from existing officers.

Where is the like button

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But who will take over from them when they are on leave. That will need sorting as well.

There’s going to be a fair few changes yet to be announced not only for Pursuit, Quest and Journey will also be involved in this.

Wonderful news and big congratulations to Ryszard and Tony- they both made a recent Baltic cruise with Azamara incredibly memorable (and Ryszard deserves a massive thanks for all the efforts he made in getting Lech Walesa on board in Gdansk). All the very best with their new pursuit (terrible pun sorry)...

+++(y)

Hi Everyone,

So nice to hear about the Pursuit appointments for Captain Carl, Ryszard and Tony. We've sailed with Ryszard and Tony, and they are both wonderful. Hopefully. we'll have the pleasure of meeting Captain Carl one of these days.

Agree with the previous comments, in that I hope several Officers & Crew will receive promotions, as Azamara will have numerous positions to fill. Based on our past experiences, they have plenty of excellent candidates to choose from.

As for emails - I have not seen an Azamara email in many months, nor did we receive one today. Good thing I found out about this on Cruise Critic :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone !

We were just on board Quest for the T/A...Ryszard already knew...and Tony was awaiting final confirm...and Captain Jose’ was “mum” about the new Captain...but a “little birdie” had already told me it was Capt Carl....:)

I am on Quest now and have known from day one. Beth from HR is in MIA now hiring people and making final choices on some staff. She will go to Puruit. A couple people said they were not going and a couple said they were just waiting on final word.

Some do not want to go either.

Lastly I met Jasper who seems to be following Ryszard or Thomas around. Being auto corrected here..the Thomas from Poland. Think they want to hire a man to do both jobs for a ship or something like that to,stop flipping so much.

No word on where Iwan will go. Same with Matt and Lee. Someone will be hired I am sure.

Wonderful news! I’ve sailed with all of them, and it’s well deserved. Of course, nothing from Azamara, but that’s why I frequent CC. Seriously, how tough is to keep a mailing list current? Okay, that’s a question that has been beaten to death.