NCL docking location in Roatan

WonderMan3

Sorry if this has already been asked recently but I can't get the search function to work right now. Can anyone advise the docking location that NCL uses in Roatan? I am trying to set up transportation to a resort and they are asking me where the ship docks. Never been to Roatan before. Can anyone help? Thanks.

NCL docks in Coxen Hole

COXEN HOLE is the answer.

Carnival and all of dem other guys they go somewhere else and I am not going to mention that place

causing limitless organized confusion and misdirection.

Now you have two correct answers.

MAP LINK:

https://www.google.com/maps/@16.3219512,-86.526967,14z

Coxen Hole is in the middle of the map - ZOOM in to find the port of Roatan

Edited by don't-use-real-name

Just be aware that it might be a tender port. Last week one of the bigger NCL ships was there before us and got the dock space. We had to tender using the lifeboats which is a much slower process than using the Cayman owned tenders . Those with priority and ship excursions were let off first and then those on their own. It took three hours to get to the end of the tender number calling. I am not mentioning this to say it will happen to you but plan accordingly. Hope you have a great time.

Just be aware that it might be a tender port. Last week one of the bigger NCL ships was there before us and got the dock space. We had to tender using the lifeboats which is a much slower process than using the Cayman owned tenders . Those with priority and ship excursions were let off first and then those on their own. It took three hours to get to the end of the tender number calling. I am not mentioning this to say it will happen to you but plan accordingly. Hope you have a great time.

There is a Princess ship and a Costa ship on the same day we are there. Hopefully they are scheduled for Mahogany Bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

not only the bigger ships, but mainly depends on how crowded the port is with ships. Twice we have been on slightly smaller ships, last week the Pearl and we still tendered.

There is a Princess ship and a Costa ship on the same day we are there. Hopefully they are scheduled for Mahogany Bay.

Mahogany Bay is reserved for Carnival and its sister ships, so both the Princess ship and the Costa ship should be there.

I am really surprised they even asked. Locals always know where the ships dock, even when they move.

I think the transportation vendor did the right thing asking a customer where the ship docks instead of just "assuming" and causing a possible miscommunication.

Hopefully they also asked when as to verify the date and time.

I think the transportation vendor did the right thing asking a customer where the ship docks instead of just "assuming" and causing a possible miscommunication.

Hopefully they also asked when as to verify the date and time.

I had already given the time with my initial request. I didn't realize there were two docking locations until they asked the question and I came here.

good point: this long period for calling tender numbers can be a real drag for those who have plans already. It is too bad they can't get the tendering down to a reasonable time but I do understand. Some of the slowness may have had to do with the weather conditions. Our friends said the water was pretty choppy.

Edited by newmexicoNita