Going to try Northern Europe/Baltic

JokerABC

Wanted to take a cruise to the Baltics, maybe 7-12 days, something in that range, for June 2019. Is it too early to book that? When do those dates come out? I only see things up to 2018 on RCCL.

I always wanted to be those people that have cruises booked way in advance! We usually book cruises like 4 months before.

Figured a Baltic cruise would be something different than the normal Caribbean that we do, since I love the Oasis and Freedom class ships. They usually sail the Radiance class in the Baltics?

Wanted to take a cruise to the Baltics, maybe 7-12 days, something in that range, for June 2019. Is it too early to book that? When do those dates come out? I only see things up to 2018 on RCCL.

I always wanted to be those people that have cruises booked way in advance! We usually book cruises like 4 months before.

Figured a Baltic cruise would be something different than the normal Caribbean that we do, since I love the Oasis and Freedom class ships. They usually sail the Radiance class in the Baltics?

These itineraries will probably appear around Spring 2018, and it's usually a Radiance class ship, like Serenade.

There's a chance that when Royal announces phase 1 of their European itineraries on December 11th that they might have some Baltic cruises. If not, as Bob said spring 2018. It's a great cruise by the way - make sure you check out the ports of call boards for Northern Europe - a ton of good information that will save you money and grief.

I'm right behind you. we are looking for an August 2019 Baltic cruise. Around a 12 day length. Anxiously waiting for itineraries to open up.

dp

The Baltic cruises are very popular and tend to either sell out quickly, or have numerous price increases.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks. I believe you're right. One of the reasons I wish to book ASAP. We were originally looking to do a Mediterranean, but because were are looking to cruise in August, we were advised of too hot a climate, Too many crowds, too expensive excursions. So we started looking into Baltic instead and really liked what we were finding.

dp

We cruised the Baltics on Navigator from the UK a few years ago. Its one of our favourite itineraries that we have been on, it all so very different and I think you will love it.

As someone else has mentioned they book up very quickly.

I did this on Brilliance a few years ago. Just fabulous!

Phase 1 of Europe is releasing the week of December 12th for summer 2019. See the details here: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2019_2020/Royal_Caribbean_2019_20_Deployment_Map_FINAL.pdf

Currently they have Serenade of the Seas doing 7 night Norwegian Fjords and 7 night Scandinavia & Russia from Copenhagen, and Brilliance of the Seas doing a 12 night Baltic/British Isles from Amsterdam

We did a Baltic Cruise several years ago, and, to this day, was our favorite cruise. I am a regular contributor on the Northern Europe/Baltic port of call boards. When you do book, head over there for some really fantastic advice on all the ports of call. Some amazing people over there give you first hand info on anything Baltics.

If I can answer any questions, just ask away.

Cheers

Len

I'm right behind you. we are looking for an August 2019 Baltic cruise. Around a 12 day length. Anxiously waiting for itineraries to open up.

dp

I am interested too - thinking of the cruise from Amsterdam - direct flights from Western Canada making the trip a bit easier for me,

We did a Baltic Cruise several years ago, and, to this day, was our favorite cruise. I am a regular contributor on the Northern Europe/Baltic port of call boards. When you do book, head over there for some really fantastic advice on all the ports of call. Some amazing people over there give you first hand info on anything Baltics.

If I can answer any questions, just ask away.

Cheers

Len

Len - we're doing a Baltics cruise next September. If we don't have much response on our roll call, is it possible to book the private tour companies like JT or Alla without organizing a group.? Just book it as a couple, but ask to be part of a group rather than a private tour?

Thanks, Pat

We did the 12 night Baltic on Vision last June, one of the best cruises to date. We watched prices on this itinerary for a few years before finally pulling the trigger. Sorry we waited so long. We booked our Russian tour with SPB, we did not have a group and were paired with other people. I can try and answer any other questions

Right now we are booked for 14 night Baltic on Celebrity Silhouette July ‘19. It should be amazing, but I am also anxious to see what RCI has available. We booked on our last cruise and originally wanted to book on RCI, but since they were not available yet we went with X. We sailed on Brilliance to the Mediterranean last summer and loved it. It would be nice to sail on Brilliance again. I am new to CruiseCritic so I am looking forward information here. Thanks!