Adaptors for Golden Princess

suexxx

Sorry just noticed you're in Melb, make that Safeways.

And the current will be 110.

THANK YOU BOTH! I knew about the current being different, but got confused about Aus/US. I thought I needed to put a US/AUS adaptor in the powerpoint BEFORE connecting my powerboard to charge the laptop, camera, extra battery charger and mobile phone safely. I was told by the computer technician that the new Toshiba laptop would handle both currents.

THANK YOU BOTH! I knew about the current being different, but got confused about Aus/US. I thought I needed to put a US/AUS adaptor in the powerpoint BEFORE connecting my powerboard to charge the laptop, camera, extra battery charger and mobile phone safely. I was told by the computer technician that the new Toshiba laptop would handle both currents.

Pretty much all laptops will handle dual voltages.

And anything charging from USB will.

Hi. Thanks for the replies. Does anyone have a picture of the adaptor I need to use? Thanks again Suexxx

I don't have a picture Sue but any of the stores will know if you tell them it's for a Us socket, they are also pretty clearly marked.

I don't have a picture Sue but any of the stores will know if you tell them it's for a Us socket, they are also pretty clearly marked.

THANK YOU! Your information is really helpful for someone like me who has absolutely NO idea about technical and electrical stuff but knows just enough to realise I need to ask questions! With Dad being a Volunteer Fireman, I've heard some horror stories about unattended electrical items like hairdryers left on bed causing fires, so will NOT[/b] be charging anything electrical unless I am in the Suite. Paranoid? Yes! I've also noted to check with Telstra about charging the phone when travelling, think for 3 days using it just as an alarm clock, I'd get away with charging it at my cousins' property on the Thursday night, then connecting at the Melbourne Hotel after I get back from a supermarket shop for something cold for my tea. It's much cheaper, and I know I'll eat the lot! Can go on the website re the camera-it's a Sony Cybershot. I do want to get another battery, so could be cheeky and go to the camera place to get it, and ask about charging the battery with 110 volt power, do I need anything or is this camera, no physical manual provided, dual-voltage? Oh, I've just found it will charge via USB so I'd better find out what cord I need.

Hi. Thanks for the replies. Does anyone have a picture of the adaptor I need to use? Thanks again Suexxx

I would get a small kit that includes adapters which cover just about every outlet type in the world.

Will only use one of them on the ship, but others may come in handy on future travels.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've read the thread regarding the adapters for the Golden Princess, very helpful, thank you, but just found out that there are 2 types of US adapters - 2 or 3 prongs. Will that be an issue on the Golden Princess or will either work?

Edited by Boulette

Hi. Back from Golden last week. The 3prong adaptor would not work at the desk. We used a 2prong in the bathroom to charge our phone. You can hire an adaptor with a $20 deposit which is refundable. We tried our 2prong at the desk but it didn;t work. Suexxx

Hi. Back from Golden last week. The 3prong adaptor would not work at the desk. We used a 2prong in the bathroom to charge our phone. You can hire an adaptor with a $20 deposit which is refundable. We tried our 2prong at the desk but it didn;t work. Suexxx

We cruised on the Golden in Oct and used both a 2 and 3 prong adapter in the desk sockets for our phones without any issues. We didn't use the socket in the bathroom for anything though.

am i allowed to post a link to dick smith adapter or is that classed as advertising ?? dont want to do wrong thing anyway they have them jbhifi i think do big w woollies and i am sure other places do too as well as the boat

Edited by Hawka

double adapter Korjo US to Aust/NZ

Not sure what benefit the double adapter version give with the plug setup on Golden (it covers both sockets) aside from only taking one adapter instead of 2 singles? For some reason they put the pins in the middle of the adapter instead of to one side so you can't have a left and right version to get 4 devices from 2 sockets :(