Brisbane cat ferries

Floridiana

The cat ferries website doesn't say whether we can pay with a credit card. Do we need cash? They have their own card, but I am not sure it's worth buying it for two trips. Can anyone enlighten me?

I am assuming that the port terminal in Hamilton has ATM machines, maybe a bank and a sales point for this public transportation card. Brisbane is our first Australian port on this cruise. The ship is coming over from New Zealand.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are going to stay in Brisbane for a week or so and use public transport it is probably worthwhile to buy a "Go" card - especially if you are a senior. If you make two trips in a day then I think the rest of your travel is free. Don't quote me on this. Go cards can be bought from rail stations, some newsagents - no sure about the City Cat but you should be able to search where to buy one and also if after two trips it is free. I think a 'go' card will cost $5 - worth it if you do a lot of travel.

The cat ferries website doesn't say whether we can pay with a credit card. Do we need cash? They have their own card, but I am not sure it's worth buying it for two trips. Can anyone enlighten me?

I am assuming that the port terminal in Hamilton has ATM machines, maybe a bank and a sales point for this public transportation card. Brisbane is our first Australian port on this cruise. The ship is coming over from New Zealand.

If you want Au cash so you can hit the griund running ,you can exchange money in a NZ bank. Look for Kiwibank, they seem to be best for a small amount.

• 9 months later...

Location of Shuttle Drop Off

Our ship the NCL Jewel (Feb. 20) will be docked on Fisherman Island. It looks like there is normally a shuttle bus to main downtown area. Can you tell me where they drop you off!

Thanks

Chris