Liquor packages

T&C Fulham

I'm looking for a Christmas 2017 cruise and have baulked at the Colombo to Zanzibar SilverSeas offer due to price. It is on one of their explorer/discoverer vessels.

This morning I looked at the Singapore to Singapore Windstar offering and it is seemingly half the price. Not the same itinerary but not a bad alternative.

The most obvious difference (to me as a newbie to Windstar) is the fact that SilverSeas include all normal drinks (by that I mean not including premium wines) and WindStar offer a drinks package.

Can someone tell me roughly what this drinks package would be per person?

If anyone want to point out any differences I am happy to learn as we have yet to try WindStar.

Thanks in advance.

Tony

I looked at that cruise and the price is very attractive. Unfortunately for me the price of air was more than the cruise so we did not book it.

I also believe WS is offering a promotion "free perks" for this cruise where you have the choice to include the beverage package for free. Otherwise, the package is $108 per cabin per day plus 15% gratuity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 7 months later...

We were booked for the Caribbean but getting there and back has proved too problematic.

I have just booked that Windstar Singapore/Singapore.

Back on the topic of alcohol.

I see the price for the package (maybe a bit up by now).

Can any soaks like us remember what the Legend is likely to charge for:-

A beer

A glass of wine

A glass of champagne

A cocktail.

I read one can decide on the boat if one does it within twelve hours - but if anyone can put some rough figures on the above list I would still be interested now.

Tony

We were booked for the Caribbean but getting there and back has proved too problematic.

I have just booked that Windstar Singapore/Singapore.

Back on the topic of alcohol.

I see the price for the package (maybe a bit up by now).

Can any soaks like us remember what the Legend is likely to charge for:-

A beer

A glass of wine

A glass of champagne

A cocktail.

I read one can decide on the boat if one does it within twelve hours - but if anyone can put some rough figures on the above list I would still be interested now.

Tony

The Beverage Package info is here:

https://d2xks5907lvzsh.cloudfront.net/media/plan_your_voyage/17-0230_bev_ackage_flyer_v11083117.pdf

The flyer has a list of wines that are in the lower wine package which includes 20 wines under $8.50 per glass and the higher package which covers wines up to 11.50 per glass so that gives you an idea of the cost by the glass. I think cocktails were in that range too, but I didn't pay much attention as we are light drinkers and it all fit in our OBC.

Generally, it takes about 4 or 5 drinks per day for a person to break even.

The previous poster provided the guidance...which is wine prices between 8.50 and 11.50 per glass. Cocktails are in a similar price range and beer is generally less. If you are a “toper” then you would be better off taking one of the drink packages and individual “by the glass” prices should be less important I would assume.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry folk. I read the flyer too quickly.

The right hand column did mention beers, spirits and fizz.

Now I know what to do.

It must be quite tricky for the crew when they get a group of people sitting at a table when some are on packages and some buying per glass - but it does get away with this awful system of buying 'rounds' which stifle one's ability to move from group to group.

Tony