No Towel Animals

hollon

That is more common on lines with more kids. Princess will sometimes do this if the room steward knows how (and has time) and there are kids in the cabin. Higher end lines don't do this either. Hopefully the cruise was enjoyable with out this. I personally have never understood the fascination with this. I hated when room stewards would go through my personal items to add to the towel animal's accessories.

I don't understood the interest in towel animals either and in over 10 years of cruising with Princess I've never seen one. I've not encountered them on P&O either. The only time I've come across a towel animal was a few years ago on the last night of a Viking river cruise. I must say my only reaction was to be perplexed. The stewards have so much work to do, I'd rather they spent their time on more important things.

We took our 2 youngest granddaughters, ages 9 and 11, on the Ruby to Alaska one week ago and our room steward, Denis, on Dolphin deck made the girls 4 different towel animals. They loved it! That is the on;y time in 35 cruises on Princess that we had towel animals!

A few years ago on the Ruby we celebrated our wedding anniversary - booked balcony dinner which was lovely - our steward realised and he made us towel animals a few times for the remainder of the cruise. It was a lovely thought from him and kind of him to do so but cant say I see the fuss made about them.

We got one towel animal on a Celebrity cruise once and while it was cute, it is no big deal to us. Would rather our steward focus on keeping out cabin clean than hoping to have a towel animal waiting for us after cleaning.

I went to Alaska on the Star and I noticed we never got towel animals on our beds, does Princess not do towel animals anymore ?
I was on the Royal last April and had one. Not quite sure what it was, maybe an anteater or a possum. I could easily have done without it, but did not want to insult my steward.

I went to Alaska on the Star and I noticed we never got towel animals on our beds, does Princess not do towel animals anymore ?

It has been on and off on our cruises!

We have had towel animals 3 of the 5 cruises! So maybe or maybe not! We just loved seeing them and miss them when we don't get them. FYI, it was always in suites that we got them.

Just Mike

They never did

I would beg to differ! Like I have stated we have on 3 of the 5 cruises on Princess!

Just Mike

Towel animals are for little kids and somewhat older folks.

I'd rather have my steward concentrate on important items like cleaning the room & making sure my ice container is filled.

;p

"Somewhat older folks"????? Isn't that ageism?? ;p

As a proud somewhat-older person, I have no need for towel animals. I don't find them particularly memorable. I guess you could say that I am one of those old "You towel animals get off my $*#@&^ bed!!!" curmudgeons. :')

Love the towel animals and have often had them over the years. I usually ask the steward at the beginning if they are able to make them if they have enough time and that I really enjoy them. Frequently we are rewarded with very creative creatures on our pillows at night. I take pictures each time. Glad to give an extra tip for the special effort. Guess I am easy to amuse :)

It has been on and off on our cruises!

We have had towel animals 3 of the 5 cruises! So maybe or maybe not! We just loved seeing them and miss them when we don't get them. FYI, it was always in suites that we got them.

Just Mik

As we will never be able to sail in a suite I guess we will never have towel animals. I think we'll manage to suffer through anyway. We are still pretty amazed that we can cruise at all and suites are definitely out of the question!

Well. I had not thought much about towel animals. We are in the Coral in July. I'll make a point of telling my steward that towel animals are not necessary... but we always appreciate extra clean dry towels and a full ice bucket!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums