Single gay daddy wants advice on cruiselines and hope to meet with other gay parents

mightyglad

I am single gay daddy with my 8 year-old little girl. Disney cruises are good for kids but they cost a lot! Since I am single, I need to pay two adult prices for myself and my kid. Even that I don't mind paying more, I would love to travel with other gay parents with kids. Please connect with me! Cheers! :p

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I too am a single gay dad. My daughter is 6. I have been on about 20 cruises, but my daughter has only been on a couple 1 night repositioning cruises with me. We are going on our first full week cruise (Mexican Riviera) on Princess December 16. I'm really looking forward to it.

In the past I have often attended the LGBT gatherings on Princess. I still have a few friends I am in contact with from previous cruises. Now that I have a daughter, I plan on checking her into the kid's program and attending the LGBT reception. I find mainstream cruises that include LGBT gatherings to work well with my way of doing things.

I'm also considering attending an R Family event/vacation in the next year. I have friends (a couple) who tried one of their vacations in Mexico last summer with their 6 yo and they loved it. Knowing me, I'll enjoy both - a gay family vacation or just the two of us traveling alone. We travel a lot together, though most of it is road trips. I'm here if you want to chat more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When our grown daughters were that age they LOVED Royal Caribbean. We have found Royal, Celebrity, and HAL to be very LGBT friendly but Royal Caribbean is the most kid friendly just because more kids are aboard. Our girls didn't want to leave the ship and met so many other kids in the kids programs. When we go just the two of us we prefer Celebrity and HAL at that level of cruise line pricing. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

I have traveled on 10+ cruises with my DS, now 20yo, and he loved them all. He started when he was 6 and loved Royal's kid program and would often stay until 1am which allows for some adult time for me. I think any of the mainline cruises, NCL, Carnival, RCL, that have kids programs will be fine. They all do a good job with the kids.

I want to say hi and thank all who replied to my thread! I travelled once with Holland America which has a bad program for kids. I made a bad choice because there were mostly adults and seniors on that cruise. I think there were only 8 kids on the ship.

I want to say hi and thank all who replied to my thread! I travelled once with Holland America which has a bad program for kids. I made a bad choice because there were mostly adults and seniors on that cruise. I think there were only 8 kids on the ship.

Cruise line, Time of year, & where the cruise is going all have factors.

IE the last cruise we were on had three. But the June cruise had plenty.

I am single gay daddy with my 8 year-old little girl. Disney cruises are good for kids but they cost a lot! Since I am single, I need to pay two adult prices for myself and my kid. Even that I don't mind paying more, I would love to travel with other gay parents with kids. Please connect with me! Cheers! :p

Late to the party here, but DH and I are taking the kiddo on his first cruise in January, on the NCL Escape. He'll be 15 months at the time, and we chose that ship because a) we like NCL, b) we like that ship, and c) they have a nursery for kids under 3, so we can have some alone time. Good luck!