Shore Excursion recommendations for Chan May and Nha Trang

CC_user

I and my wife will be arriving Chan May on Sep 12 and Nha Trang Vietnam the following day on the Royal Caribbean cruise. Just like to get some recommendations on what shoe excision I should take for the 2 ports. I've never been to Vietnam. So landscape, culture and history will be my preference. Anyone on the same cruise has join any tour other than the excursion offered by RB can share their thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Just did the Aug 27 cruise on Voyager of the Seas. At Nha Trang we went to the theme park (by cable car from about 1km walk from the pier) because we went with our 2 years old son. There's a nice beach in the park also.

For landscape, culture and history I recall seeing such tours offered by RCCL but didn't go into details due to the long queue at the Shore Excursion desk. My advice is to book online to avoid disappointments as I heard some tours were fully booked.

• 4 weeks later...

This is what we did - 10 or 12 of us (can't quite remember) but we all found it to be an excellent tour. It was a couple of years ago now so prices may have changed. They do (did) get great reviews on Trip Advisor.

Nha Trang River Tour - Day Tours

Port of Call: Nha TrangNha Trang Special Countryside + City Tour by bus + river cruise by boat

$60 USD/person for a group of 10 tourists

07:00 pick-up outside the port, then tour around by bus. This is specially tailor-made excursions. Exploring the country trails, village's life, town and farms, pagoda, the best way to experience the "true" Vietnamese countryside. Through countryside trails, villages towns and farms.. This countryside tour offers you a fascinating insight into the "real lives" of everyday people who are the backbone of Vietnam . Just a few kilometers from Nha Trang ’s beach front is the picturesque countryside dotted with palm trees, fruit orchards and irrigated rice paddies.

The first stop of the tour is an embroidery factory . Driving through miles of flat rice fields to a rural village, enjoy the opportunity to interact with the local people as they go about their daily lives, with farming and cottage industries as their primary source of income. The village path leads us to the home of one family who weave mats from rushes which grow abundantly in the surrounding area. Two people working together will weave just four mats in a day, which will be taken to the local market and traded for food and other essentials.

Pagoda Orphanage: where it shelters and cares for over 120 abandoned, orphaned or street children. They range from several months to 9 years of age. The children of the orphanage are taken care of by a group of Buddhist nuns and volunteers. Their goal is to provide the children with a safe and caring environment which lessens their misfortune and gives their lives greater purpose and meaning. Being a private organization, the orphanage is trying to provide its children food, shelter, health and education. The nuns and volunteers at the orphanage have devoted their lives for the wonderful mission - helping the orphans.

Tourists can take photos of AmitabhaBuddha statue at a height of 4 8 4 meters.

Rice paper making: One of the most typical food from rice steamed and processed into round piece dried in the sun on the bamboo brackets that are on sale in the inns or shops.

Conical hat making village: Conical hat making village: Manual skill work by women, it's also your gift for your friends when toward home.

Ancient house: these are traditionally laid out in the same manner throughout the village. Ancestor worship is an important part of daily life in Vietnam and a large area of these small houses is usually reserved for the family altar. Next, pass through a fruit orchard boasting a plentiful supply of tropical fruits. Lunch at a riverside restaurant

Ponagar Temples . An outstanding example of Cham architecture, situated on Mount Cu Lao this hillside offers panoramic views of the surrounding.

Visit Dam Market for shopping.

15:00 Drop-off outside the port. End of service

Including: private bus, river boat, local guide, admission fees, Vietnamese lunch, fruit in season in the countryside.

Excluding: alcoholic drink, personal expenses

Nha Trang River Tour - Day Tours - Nha Trang - Reviews of Nha Trang River Tour - Day Tours - TripAdvisor

• 4 weeks later...

nice to hear that

This is what we did - 10 or 12 of us (can't quite remember) but we all found it to be an excellent tour. It was a couple of years ago now so prices may have changed. They do (did) get great reviews on Trip Advisor.

Nha Trang River Tour - Day Tours

Port of Call: Nha TrangNha Trang Special Countryside + City Tour by bus + river cruise by boat

$60 USD/person for a group of 10 tourists

07:00 pick-up outside the port, then tour around by bus. This is specially tailor-made excursions. Exploring the country trails, village's life, town and farms, pagoda, the best way to experience the "true" Vietnamese countryside. Through countryside trails, villages towns and farms.. This countryside tour offers you a fascinating insight into the "real lives" of everyday people who are the backbone of Vietnam . Just a few kilometers from Nha Trang ’s beach front is the picturesque countryside dotted with palm trees, fruit orchards and irrigated rice paddies.

The first stop of the tour is an embroidery factory . Driving through miles of flat rice fields to a rural village, enjoy the opportunity to interact with the local people as they go about their daily lives, with farming and cottage industries as their primary source of income. The village path leads us to the home of one family who weave mats from rushes which grow abundantly in the surrounding area. Two people working together will weave just four mats in a day, which will be taken to the local market and traded for food and other essentials.

Pagoda Orphanage: where it shelters and cares for over 120 abandoned, orphaned or street children. They range from several months to 9 years of age. The children of the orphanage are taken care of by a group of Buddhist nuns and volunteers. Their goal is to provide the children with a safe and caring environment which lessens their misfortune and gives their lives greater purpose and meaning. Being a private organization, the orphanage is trying to provide its children food, shelter, health and education. The nuns and volunteers at the orphanage have devoted their lives for the wonderful mission - helping the orphans.

Tourists can take photos of AmitabhaBuddha statue at a height of 4 8 4 meters.

Rice paper making: One of the most typical food from rice steamed and processed into round piece dried in the sun on the bamboo brackets that are on sale in the inns or shops.

Conical hat making village: Conical hat making village: Manual skill work by women, it's also your gift for your friends when toward home.

Ancient house: these are traditionally laid out in the same manner throughout the village. Ancestor worship is an important part of daily life in Vietnam and a large area of these small houses is usually reserved for the family altar. Next, pass through a fruit orchard boasting a plentiful supply of tropical fruits. Lunch at a riverside restaurant

Ponagar Temples . An outstanding example of Cham architecture, situated on Mount Cu Lao this hillside offers panoramic views of the surrounding.

Visit Dam Market for shopping.

15:00 Drop-off outside the port. End of service

Including: private bus, river boat, local guide, admission fees, Vietnamese lunch, fruit in season in the countryside.

Excluding: alcoholic drink, personal expenses

Nha Trang River Tour - Day Tours - Nha Trang - Reviews of Nha Trang River Tour - Day Tours - TripAdvisor

Hi, egrets and annenic (and to all who might also be reading this),

My wife and I will be on the Volendam Singapore to HK cruise from Dec. 6, 2017 to Dec. 20. One of our stops is Nha Trang (along with 3 others in Vietnam, 2 in Thailand, and Sihanoukville).

I've got a couple of tour offers I'd like to post. One of them is the same one you discuss in this thread.

How did you transfer the tour description verbatim from the email you must have received from Dung Pham to your posting? Did you "copy and paste", or do something else? If the former, maybe you could explain how to do it . You can email me at:

steveschlam@yahoo.com

I am a bit "technologically challenged", I'm afraid, great at emails but not so adept on the computer otherwise.

Our departure date is only one month away now. Any quick help you can give me now would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, that is all I would have done. Simple copy and paste. However, I often tidy those emails up a bit so that they are easier to read and understand. Sometimes the emails are a little hard to follow but once I get a complete understanding (after a few back and forth emails with company), I copy and past and edit as needed, if needed.

Many companies I've dealt with are very professional with their administration, but not all - however I've found whether they are good at admin or not, the tours are usually of good quality. As long as the company respond quickly and with good answers to my questions, I have confidence in them. Not good answers and big delay - I'm not interested in touring with them.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

luckily the typhoon didn't hit Nha Trang this morning

Hi Steve,

Yes, that is all I would have done. Simple copy and paste. However, I often tidy those emails up a bit so that they are easier to read and understand. Sometimes the emails are a little hard to follow but once I get a complete understanding (after a few back and forth emails with company), I copy and past and edit as needed, if needed.

Many companies I've dealt with are very professional with their administration, but not all - however I've found whether they are good at admin or not, the tours are usually of good quality. As long as the company respond quickly and with good answers to my questions, I have confidence in them. Not good answers and big delay - I'm not interested in touring with them.

Hope this helps.