Dolphin Excursion - Nassau vs St Kitts

emerald6273

Always wanted to experience a dolphin encounter and using up OBC. Trying to decide between the Blue Lagoon Island Swim in Nassau and a Dolphin Push Pull and Swim in St Kitts? Nassau excursion more expensive but not an issue as we have OBC.

Has anyone done either excursion or if really lucky both?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I've done it in St. Kitts and enjoyed it greatly, but not in Nassau. I'd probably do it in Nassau since there isn't much else I'd care to do there, but that's just me. Others will certainly have a different opinion.

Have gone with the St Kitts option. Doing the excursion tomorrow. Glad I didn't choose to do it in Nassau. Our port day there was heavy rain, thunder & lightening all day.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Trainers wrestle dolphins into a slings in order to hold it underwater to the limits of it's breath. This asserts dominance over the wild creature to break it and allow for further training. Food deprivation and torture are how these dolphins learn to do tricks for your amusement. If you've ever spent money on a dolphin show or swim with dolphin program, you paid for this to continue.

Trainers wrestle dolphins into a slings in order to hold it underwater to the limits of it's breath. This asserts dominance over the wild creature to break it and allow for further training. Food deprivation and torture are how these dolphins learn to do tricks for your amusement. If you've ever spent money on a dolphin show or swim with dolphin program, you paid for this to continue.

All of the dolphin swims are fairly similar . We did the dolphin, manatee and seal Swim in Cozumel and loved it. I would highly recommend it and do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were told at Dolphin Quest in Bermuda that they do not train with deprivation or torture. They have received many accolades for their methods. Of course anyone could tell us anything but since I have done this twice at two different locations, I approve of the way they handle their dolphins since I experienced it first hand. They gave them many breaks and lots of treats and were handled in a positive manner.

• 1 month later...
We were told at Dolphin Quest in Bermuda that they do not train with deprivation or torture. They have received many accolades for their methods. Of course anyone could tell us anything but since I have done this twice at two different locations, I approve of the way they handle their dolphins since I experienced it first hand. They gave them many breaks and lots of treats and were handled in a positive manner.

Ric O'Barry and his 50 years of experience will refute that completely. Many people are not yet aware of how dolphins arrive at the swim with dolphin attractions or how they are 'trained' to perform for you/swim with you. If everyone wanting to swim with a dolphin or participate would take a few minutes to visit this link and learn a bit more our mammal friends would appreciate it.

https://www.dolphinproject.com/campaigns/captivity-industry/swimming-with-dolphins/

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...