Freeport- Grand Lucayan Lighthouse Point Review

dayzfan4life

I just returned from my trip to the Bahamas and wanted to get this review out there for anyone thinking about going to this resort for a day pass. We weren't sure if we would actually be able to do this excursion since Irma damaged a few resorts and this one was closed up to 2 days prior to our arrival. I booked through ShoreExcursioneer.com and their customer service was awesome! They let us know that the resort was open and ready for business. Once we had that squared away we were excited for the excursion. We ate breakfast and then got off the ship and found a taxi in port. We negotiated a van since there were 6 of us and got a $10 price break and had the van for $50. We got a ticket for our return trip so it was $10 PP roundtrip without the 1 free. The cab ride was about 20 minutes long. We arrived at the resort around 9am. It looked empty except for the folks working at the front desk. They took our money (Cash only) for the day pass and told us that anything outside was ours to use! We found out quickly that the 6 of us and one other couple (Joe and Michelle from NY) were the only ones at the resort that day. So we had the entire infinity pool, beach, hot tub, cabanas, and beach bar to ourselves! To us, this was HEAVEN!!! We really wanted a day to relax and be waited on hand and foot! They did not disappoint at this resort. We did have to pay for our drinks (about $8 per person) but they were strong and worth every penny. They do build in the gratuity so keep that in mind. We had a blast just talking to Joe and Michelle and hanging out with our people! At one point we had a few locals cruising the beach trying to sell us stuff, but we said a stern NO and they left us alone after that. My friend rented a jet ski ($80 for 40 minutes which can be split between 2 riders) and she said she did not feel safe while riding with the local vendor. He tried putting her hand on his "junk" and also tried reaching to grab her in the same area. Scary stuff, but good thing she could have beat his A$$ if needed!!! I suggest you rent those through carnival.com and stay away from shady vendors on the beach!!!

At the end of the day, the bar staff alerted us when it was time to head back to ship and made sure we got to cabs safely. We tipped them well for a fun day on land! I would book this again in a second, I would just hesitate to leave the resort until I was ready to go back to ship. I don't appreciate high pressure pan-handling or pushy vendors, so I stay away from that scene!

Feel free to ask any questions you might have!

Thanks for the feedback. What does the day pass include? Can you give more detail on what was outside to use? I have a teen and preteen and want to make sure they aren't "bored". Was food included? If not what was the food arrangements? If food and drink aren't included is there an option to upgrade (if so do you remember the amount). Just trying to be as prepared as possible. It's been a while since we cruised!

Thanks for the feedback. What does the day pass include? Can you give more detail on what was outside to use? I have a teen and preteen and want to make sure they aren't "bored". Was food included? If not what was the food arrangements? If food and drink aren't included is there an option to upgrade (if so do you remember the amount). Just trying to be as prepared as possible. It's been a while since we cruised!

The day pass includes use of the pools, beach, chairs, cabanas, hot tub, volley ball, sail boats, snorkel gear. Food was not included. There is a beach bar/snack shack that had chicken fingers, fries, apps, drinks (frozen and cocktails/beer) for purchase. I know my friends also went to a restaurant in the market and had a great brunch that was around $14 per person. I think there are other restaurants in the resort, however they were not open yet after the storm. I know the workers there said on normal days the resort is full and there is a lot more action, so I think your teens could find something to do either at the resort or the nearby market. I am not sure if there is an upgrade for an all inclusive. I didn't really check because I didn't think I would drink/eat enough for that. We were so pleased with this day just because of the slow pace and feeling like we "owned the resort" for the day!!! Hope this helps!

Hiya,

I see they have parasailing there. Would you happen to know what the price is?

The Resort looks amazing!

Sorry, I didn't see the parasail people at this resort, but that could have been because of the storm clean up.......you could tell that people were just starting up business again........

The resort was a lot of fun!!!

There is another excursion company, resortforaday, we have used a few times that does offer an "all inclusive" option for this resort for $89 and kids from $55. We probably won't use them this time due to the hours we'll be in port, but will probably do the shoreexcursioneer one for $24 which is not all inclusive.

• 2 weeks later...
I am booked on this excursion next week and I am excited about it. How was the beach? Where do you go pay the remaining balance? Is it the front desk?

Hello! The beach was beautiful. Clean and really soft sand! There were 2 pushy vendors there but once I walked up to security they left me alone the rest of the day! Yes when you arrive just go to the desk and they will point you in the right direction to pay the balance. Remember bring cash and try to have exact amount to eliminate getting change in Bahamas currency. Have fun!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
There is another excursion company, resortforaday, we have used a few times that does offer an "all inclusive" option for this resort for $89 and kids from $55. We probably won't use them this time due to the hours we'll be in port, but will probably do the shoreexcursioneer one for $24 which is not all inclusive.

Was that including the buffet food or other food?

• 2 weeks later...

OP is spot on! We were there last week and it was beautiful. There were only about 20 people at the Resort, so we had it all to ourselves also! If you are looking for quiet/awesome beach/awesome pool, this is a cool place. I am not sure if it gets busy at different times of year, but the quiet/peaceful surroundings was perfect for us.

We paid $25/pp via the same website OP did. That included access to property only.

The drinks were a bit expensive ($10 - $15) and the bartender(s) were not too friendly. That didn't bother us since the beach/pool more than compensated for that. We didn't eat there since we would eat when we got back on the Sky. Also, drink for free once back on board. LOL!

We lounged by the pool and walked down to the beach when we needed a fix, so therefore, no vendors approached us. :)

I would recommend this property as an inexpensive excursion for access to a really cool pool and beach. :)

Thank you OP for recommending this! :)