Has anyone’s wedding been interrupted/canceled due to the recent hurricanes

JAC1213

My wedding was officially booked almost 2 years ago, however the plans were in process way before we booked. Our ship was scheduled to visit the Eastern Caribbean March of 2018. I have seen so many cruise lines changing their itinerary due to the damage suffered on some of the islands from Irma/Maria, however the NCL Gem itinerary has not yet been changed. I'm afraid to proceed with my plans since my wedding is in St. Thomas, which I know suffered extensive damage, but I also can't start working on new plans because I have no idea where we will be going. I'm just stuck with a whole bunch of I don't knows

We were scheduled for December 18, we got notice yesterday cruise cancelled till Feb 2018, If anyone is interested in 45 Yeti's with palms trees and December 18, 2017 let me know.

OMG!! I'm soooo sorry to hear this. Did they offer any help to rebook or anything? Or was it just the cold hard "we will refund your money" and you are on your own?

We were scheduled for December 18, we got notice yesterday cruise cancelled till Feb 2018, If anyone is interested in 45 Yeti's with palms trees and December 18, 2017 let me know.

Ohhh noooo, What are your alternate plans, if you have any.

Yes Carnival offered a full refund and asistance with flights. I am looking at rescheduling in July 2018. My prayer is St. Thomas is ready for weddings by July. We had 43 guest paid and our list has dropped considerably.

Ohhh noooo, What are your alternate plans, if you have any.

Yes Carnival offered a full refund and asistance with flights. I am looking at rescheduling in July 2018. My prayer is St. Thomas is ready for weddings by July. We had 43 guest paid and our list has dropped considerably.

I'm praying as well, carnival did the right thing, but it still doesn't take away from the grief caused by this horrible situation. The day the hurricane hit I emailed the vendor making my invitations and I asked if they did not finish them could they please put them on hold until further notice. The response was we are so sorry you should receive them any day now, of course the next day my invitations came in and I'm like great now what did I do with these, 600 down the drain. Did you book your wedding through your cruise or through an island vendor? I'm honestly so scared to move forward here.

Mine wasn't cancelled due to hurricanes, but due to the cruise line deciding to dry dock in my month. Ya, TONS of things with the wrong date printed on them now. They were able to change us to another ship the same dates though and help with airfare to change location, plus gave every room more OBC. But it still puts me out tons of money. I have a land coordinator, and THNAK GOD she is available and willing to change days and times, but my venue is not available and all the times had to change, and the cruise line was not willing to budge AT ALL on helping to make the situation better for me the organizer. I have 100 paid guests!