After dinner dress code for men on Celebration.

I understand smart shorts are ok in the buffet, but what about in Liberties, Horizons, Broadway, etc. for the rest of the evening? Because its the Caribbean, I'm thinking long trousers could be too warm. We are 1st time cruisers, hence my confusion.

I understand smart shorts are ok in the buffet, but what about in Liberties, Horizons, Broadway, etc. for the rest of the evening? Because its the Caribbean, I'm thinking long trousers could be too warm. We are 1st time cruisers, hence my confusion.

Shorts are only a 'no no' at night in the waiter service restaurants (MDR and speciality restaurants) - fine anywhere else on the ship.

Thank you. Would you happen to know if there is a cover charge in the evenings at the Meridian restaurant ?
No charge in the MDR but to be honest I think you will be on your own in shorts for the evening entertainment we have seen it and others on this site will say its ok but its how you feel and as I say it is cool on board, you are going on IMO a great ship and I know the entertainment is good so just enjoy it, try shorts and see how things work out. As its your first cruise if you have any other questions just ask, we have cruised on this ship many times over the past years including the Caribbean and will be on her again next September[emoji2]

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

If the shorts are tailored and worn with a short sleeved shirt or polo shirt with shoes you will pass muster If you wear beach type shorts and sleeveless T shirts with flip flops then you will not fit in IMO

Most wear light weight slacks even combat trousers could pass and as been said previously it's colder inside the ship than outside in the Caribbean on an evening Ill be on this ship in February and have been on her many times The evenings dress code is printed in your daily cruise news and us usually smart casual Hope this helps

Yes you're right but I meant plain coloured ones not camouflage ones. Hubby has some in a very light material from M & S which have concealed zips so they can be transformed into long shorts in beige and mid grey. He always travels in these so he can remove the bottom half when we arrive in the heat.

He wears boat shoes or loafers in the evening

We sailed on Celebration in January (Dubai/Oman). As others have said the ship is well air conditioned - you won't be sweltering indoors. I'd suggest you wear what you would for a night out at home.

On gala/formal night, when I had tux on, we ended up in Liberties at end of night and temp was fine.

Dress code on ship is very relaxed, comfortable and friendly. During day - shorts/T shirt anywhere.

Evening - trousers and shirt/polo shirt. Gala night - dress up!

Enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you. Would you happen to know if there is a cover charge in the evenings at the Meridian restaurant ?

No charge, though there were supplements for certain dishes eg steak, lamb chops. However on at least 1 night, steak was on the main menu, so no supplement that night. We tried Mistral which is an extra charge restaurant and the food was excellent, well worth the extra cost (about £20pp I think). We go again in January and will be trying all 3 extra charge restaurants!