Is there a new itineray that you would like to see Viking create?

lackcreativity

My personal wish list would be a Western Mediterranean itinerary to include: Catania, Sicily (for Taormina) ,Trapani, Sicily ( for Erice), and Valetta, Malta. Also, Palma de Mallorca. I am open to suggestions on how to fill in the trip. I wouldn't mind a stop in Naples (to see Pompeii), so maybe start in Rome? Would like to get back to Valencia, so maybe end in Barcelona?

How about Rome to Naples to Catania to Trapani to Palma de Mallorca to Valencia to Barcelona? Perhaps my ideal trip should be ten days long.Can anyone help finish my plan?

Does anyone wish to share their imaginary dream Viking cruise?

Viking, are you listening? Any hints about what might be on the drawing board?

A western Med that gets down to Morocco and back? Barcelona, a couple of stops along the Spanish coastline and then a couple more for Casablanca and Rabat (with maybe an overnight in one of them) and as few at sea days as possible.

A circumnavigation of Australia that includes an overnight trip to Urulu/Ayers Rock and stops in Tasmania.

More Japan.

The Islands of the Mediterranean both Eastern and Western. Could do these either as a grand cruise or break it up into multiple sailings. And include some new Greek islands beyond the Santorini , Mykonos, and Rhodes.

More overnights ports of call during European sailings.

This is a fun thread.

I’m hopping for another alternative eastern Med route going to Istanbul when the situation in Turkey becomes more stable, along some Greek Islands (Santorini and Mykonos in particular) departing from Venice or Athens without repeating too many of the same ports on Empires of the Med sailing.

I second Peregrina651’s suggestion of western Med itinerary going down to Morocco.

Hawaii island-hopping.

Spain and Portugal. Viking has a similar itinerary (Iberian Explorer) now. My personal preference would be substituting Portsmouth and Tilbury with Lisbon and Porto.

Hope Viking is reading this and turn some of our suggestions into reality. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Islands of the Mediterranean both Eastern and Western. Could do these either as a grand cruise or break it up into multiple sailings. And include some new Greek islands beyond the Santorini , Mykonos, and Rhodes.

More overnights ports of call during European sailings.

We did a Renaissance cruise a number of years ago that included Crete and Rhodes and I loved them both. I would not want to do all Greek islands however, because I would like some variety.

This is a fun thread.

I’m hopping for another alternative eastern Med route going to Istanbul when the situation in Turkey becomes more stable, along some Greek Islands (Santorini and Mykonos in particular) departing from Venice or Athens without repeating too many of the same ports on Empires of the Med sailing.

I second Peregrina651’s suggestion of western Med itinerary going down to Morocco.

Hawaii island-hopping.

Spain and Portugal. Viking has a similar itinerary (Iberian Explorer) now. My personal preference would be substituting Portsmouth and Tilbury with Lisbon and Porto.

Hope Viking is reading this and turn some of our suggestions into reality. [emoji3]

Viking does do market research on the various itineraries they are considering. I have participated in a number of them through an outside contractor. We aren't supposed to know what company they are working for but as soon as you see the maps, you know who the research is for.

A western Med that gets down to Morocco and back? Barcelona, a couple of stops along the Spanish coastline and then a couple more for Casablanca and Rabat (with maybe an overnight in one of them) and as few at sea days as possible.

I might be willing to forego the Naples and Valencia on my imaginary trip to add in some stops in Morocco! I need to get a map and see how this plots out.

This is a fun thread.

We did Empires of the Mediterranean, and also missed out on Istanbul and Ephesus, and hope things settle down there (for the Turks as well as the tourists.) Maybe include Rhodes and Crete, something in southern Italy, then Sicily?

We did a Renaissance cruise a number of years ago that included Crete and Rhodes and I loved them both. I would not want to do all Greek islands however, because I would like some variety.

Loved Crete , which is so different than the other white houses blue/ dome GR islands. Loved Rhodes and Delos too.

could add Cyprus and leave from Athens and end up in Rome with a stop on Sicly.

the western ilsands can also include stops in Morocco and some orpt in Spain.

My first curise was on the Celebrity Century out of BCN. Stops at French Rivera,lIvrono, Rome, Corsica two stops in Morocco . visited Tangiers during Ramadan. it was great.

We did Empires of the Mediterranean, and also missed out on Istanbul and Ephesus, and hope things settle down there (for the Turks as well as the tourists.) Maybe include Rhodes and Crete, something in southern Italy, then Sicily?

We did a similar itinerary (Venice, the Adriatic and Athens) last month and loved it. This sailing misses on Slovenia and Santorini though. I’d have booked Empires of the Mediterranean, but the sailing dates don’t work with my calendar.

I am definitely interested in Turkey with some Greek Islands and southern Italy.

I would prefer some lengthy cruises in and around South America, including sailing a substantial distance down the Amazon, Machu Picchu, Iguazu NP, the wine areas of Argentina and Chile, Buenos Aires and Rio.

Can we also add some of the scenic spots of Patagonia such as Ushaia and maybe even the Torres de Paine area (if it is accessible)?

Boston to Montreal in the SUMMER! We are taking a Holland America cruise this summer because they were the only cruise line that goes to Canada in the summer. I see enough fall foliage in the Midwest, and don't have any desire to cruise north in late fall! And although I would love to take a long vacation, I wish Viking would realize that a lot of us still work and can't take more than two weeks off at a time. More 10-12 day cruises would be welcome!

I agree, this is a fun thread. But I wish Viking good luck in meeting all our requests. I like lackcreativity’s suggestion that kicked off this thread but I would add a longer stop in Naples or perhaps Naples and Sorrento so that I wouldn’t have to choose one of Capri, Pompeii and Herculaneum. And I really enjoy sea days!

I agree, this is a fun thread. But I wish Viking good luck in meeting all our requests. I like lackcreativity’s suggestion that kicked off this thread but I would add a longer stop in Naples or perhaps Naples and Sorrento so that I wouldn’t have to choose one of Capri, Pompeii and Herculaneum. And I really enjoy sea days!

This is getting complicated, as I keep adding ideas to my original plan. If you do Sorrento (for Capri), then adding the Amalfi coast is a must. I think my ideal trip is now approaching fifteen days!

• 3 weeks later...
Having done the Med many times we would love a ship based in NY and going almost anywhere provided it returns to NY. The longer the cruise the better of us.

Fall of 2018 we will be trying Viking for the first time round trip NY - Montreal.

Now THIS I would love! NY is my closest port and it's always such a treat to sail from there. The NY-Montreal or Montreal-NY is on our list - probably in 2019. I also want to do the NY to San Juan with the stop in Bermuda.

Lots of good suggestions.....but I vote for expanding South America.....expanding more in the Americas ......I like plmesq comments that have longer options available - with ‘B2B package’ pricing.

2nd that vote! South America would be amazing and we would be first to sign up :)