Premium All Inclusive

Hi,

We have booked the Marella explorer for September next year, our first cruise.

We are all inclusive but I have been reading about premium inclusive which I believed you can pay to upgrade, besides premium brands, does the upgrade include items such as bottled water, cans of pop, coffee etc?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi, as far as I can remember the upgrade gets you cans of pop rather than glasses, also the coffee in all of the venues. Not sure about the bottled water as we don't use them.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2422537 is a link to another post that has the menu on it. Everything with a star would be extra on the all inclusive but is included on the upgrade.

Have a great time, can't wait to go on that ship.

I bought the premium upgrade on Discovery and you get 7 x 1.5 litre bottles of water per person per week delivered to your cabin.

Note that the free coffee in the coffee bar does not start until 10am along with all other drinks on the standard and premium package.

I found the standard package good with 11 different house wines and named brand spirits. Captain morgans spiced with coke was tasty :D

Hi,

We have booked the Marella explorer for September next year, our first cruise.

We are all inclusive but I have been reading about premium inclusive which I believed you can pay to upgrade, besides premium brands, does the upgrade include items such as bottled water, cans of pop, coffee etc?

Thanks Sent from my iPad using Forums

So much on the current normal AI package - with a good selection of Coffees included at all bars, We returned from Discovery 2 on Friday and found absolutely no need to upgrade - if you do fancy the odd drink off the Premium package just pay the small supplement.

Here is the current standard AI drinks menu:-

DRAUGHT BEER + CIDER - Fosters, John Smiths, Strongbow

BOTTLED/CANNED BEER - Corona, Budweiser, Becks, Peroni Red Label, Guinness, Non-Alcoholic Beer

WINE

SPARKLING - Philippe Dublanc Brut (France), Terredirai Prosecco (Italy), Bonaval Cava (Spain)

RED - St Martin Pinot Noir (France), Casillero del Diablo Merlot (Chile), La Terre Cabernet Sauvignon (USA)

WHITE - Bleu de Mer Sauvignon Blanc (France), Il Poggio Pinot Grigio (Italy), Le Terre Chardonnay (USA)

ROSE - Bleu de Mer (France), White Zinfandel (USA)

COCKTAILS - Black Russian, Singapore Sling, Classic Margarita, Classic Daiquiri, Long Island Iced Tea, Raspberry Collins, Lemon Tree, Wibble, West Indies Yellowbird, Zombie, Hurricane, Banana Banshee, Classic Vodka Martini, Classic Gin Martini, French Martini, Cosmopolitan, Tequila Sunrise, Cuba Libre, Pimms Cup, Bloody Mary, Electric Lemonade, Mai Tai

FROZEN COCKTAILS - Margarita (Classic or Peach), Daiquiri (Very Berry or Banana), Pina Colada, Miami Vice

MOCKTAILS - Virgin Emotion, Virgin Colada, Fruit Smoothie (Banana, Peach or Mango), Shirley Temple, Virgin Daiquiri

APERITIF - Martini Vermouth (Dry, Bianco or Red), Pimms No. 1, Dubonnet, Campari, Aperol, Pernod, Fernet Branca

PORT - Sandemans Ruby, Cockburns Special Reserve

SHERRY - Harveys Bristol Cream, Croft Original

LIQUEURS - Amaretto, Baileys Irish Cream, Cherry Brandy, Chambord, Cointreau, Drambuie, Kahlua, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria

SPIRITS (Mixers included)

GIN - Gordons, Beefeater London Dry Gin, Tanqueray

VODKA - Smirnoff, Stolichnaya

RUM - Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan

SCOTCH WHISKY - Teachers, Johnnie Walker Red Label, Bells, The Famous Grouse

IRISH WHISKY - Jameson

AMERICAN WHISKY - Jim Bean

BRANDY - Fundador, Metaxa 5 Stars

TEQUILA - Jose Cuervo Silver, Jose Cuervo Gold

HOT DRINKS - Caffe Latte, Cappuccino, Hot Chocolate, Americano, Cafe Mocha, Macchiato, Espresso, Nescafe, Nescafe Decafeinated, Selection of Teas (including fruit and herb teas), Irish Coffee (with Jameson Whisky), Baileys Coffee, Lumumba (Hot Chocolate with Brandy)

SOFT DRINKS - Any soft drink by the glass + Fruit Juices (Orange, Pineapple, Cranberry, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit). Glasses of still water is served in the restaurants with your meals and is available by the glass from any bar (you only pay for bottled water or sparkling water).

Hi do you know if when they say Baileys they actualy give you that brand and not a substitute (as some hotels do). ( I can only drink Baileys as it is gluten free most substitutes are not)

Yes - it is genuine Baileys. All the branded names shown are the real thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hope this video helps as it clearly shows the bar menu with what is included in the All Inclusive and what is extra to pay for the premium drinks or included if you upgrade to the Premium package.

_E78NH_nkTU

This video is not mine but found on youtube. I can't answer any more questions on it but you can ask the poster on Youtube, in the comments section, any further details.

• 5 months later...

We went on Explorer and the upgrade was the best £50 each we spent , coffee was rank everywhere except coffee port , where you woukd have to pay £1.50 extra each coffee , bottles water covered to your cabin daily, wine was better and included premium Gins (with fevertree)and Whiskys ! Seriously good value and you can now upgrade before you go ! Just booked for Explorer 2 !

Premium all inclusive entitles you to the "better" quality drinks e.g. the draught lager is Fosters PAI ( premium all inc) entitles you to Stella and Heinekien in bottles, draught bitter is John Smith's, PAI is canned old speckled hen, fillers and pedigree, as well as a host of gins, vodkas, cocktails. AI gin was Gordon's, PAI was Hendricks or Bombay Sapphire. Bottled water is still chargeable although you get 1.5 l8tr free per cabin per day. The mini bar in your cabin deluxe cabin and above is still chargeable.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Forums mobile app

You CAN book the premium upgrade when booking your cruise but if you don't it can only then be done once on the ship

Those of us who know the standard package for each ship can upgrade when booking if we want it but if you have never experienced the standard package it's best to wait until you are on the ship and decide what's best for you

The standard package is slightly different on different ships and changes twice a year May and November usually