All set for Star Princess to Hawaii on April 10

kitegirl

We are all set...

Booked our water bottle flats, Unlimited Photo package, and our tours...

My question is .. Have you taken these tours and if so how did you like them

Ohau. Private tours Hawaii - private 8 hour tour of the island for just the 2 of us - want to see the north shore area and open to any other sites..

Kaui.. Princess tour of the plantation and train ride

Maui.. Princess tour to the Oceanic Centre. Then we will look around town and have lunch at Bubba Gumps.

Hilo... Mary Lous Private tour - 6 hour private tour for the 2 of us.. want to see the volcano is number one.. open to anything else

We have also booked the UBD for sail away from Kaui

I plan to buy the Soda and more card for each of us and one coffee card.

Any suggestions or ideas good or bad about our plans. Hubby has never been to Hawaii.

Thanks in advance for your help..

Maui.. Princess tour to the Oceanic Centre. Then we will look around town and have lunch at Bubba Gumps.

Just some comments in case you hadn't thought of the following:

The Ocean Center is 15 miles from where you will be docking, and a very straight shot if you (easily) rent a car and drive there and back yourselves (and you can keep the car all day to go wherever you please too). Princess is asking $69.95 per person for the bus ride and a self-guided tour of the Center. The admission price to the Center is $29.95 per adult - an obvious savings of $80.00 for the two of you if you do it yourselves. Lahaina (where your tender docks) is fun to explore, shop and eat. Unless Bubba Gumps means something to you, check out the many, many restaurant offerings there.

Thank you Silver Sweetheart for the reply. We do not want to rent a car due to my disability it is better to have transportation where someone else does the driving. As far as Bubba goes.. LOL,, I went there once and told my hubby all about it.. so he really wants to go there for lunch,,, I am just hoping I can manage the walk to the dock .. if not i hope there is a taxi we can call to get us back in time....

Any others who would like to comment I would appreciate it...

We did Mary Lou's tour and it was great! Ours was semi-private - our family of four and another couple. She gave us suggestions but left it to us to decide where we wanted to go. We went to see the waterfall, volcano national park, walked through a lava tube, stopped by a steam vent, went to the coffee roasters and had samples, went to the macadamia place, stopped at a black sand beach, and got to see turtles. It was a great day and I felt it was well worth what we paid. Mary Lou was a great guide, giving us so much info as a local!