Castaway Cay 5k

DCLCrazy

I was wondering if anyone with a disability has ever requested an alternative way of completing the 5k. I don’t think I could do it just by walking. (Definitely not by running) That’ll take me all day! What about by bike? I would love one of the little “medals” for completing it, but need an alternative mobility source! Thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was wondering if anyone with a disability has ever requested an alternative way of completing the 5k. I don’t think I could do it just by walking. (Definitely not by running) That’ll take me all day! What about by bike? I would love one of the little “medals” for completing it, but need an alternative mobility source! Thanks for reading.

Suggest you contact DCL's Special Services Department directly . However keep in mind when making your request asking for it to be a "reasonable accommodation" in association with ADA does apply being it's a foreign island and a foreign flagged ship. With that said DCL tends to do a nice job catering to people with disabilities so wouldn't be surprised if they already have an alternative method established,

Phone: (407) 566-3602 Fax: (407) 566-3760 TTY: (407) 566-7455

Email: SpecialServices@disneycruise.com

Correction to my reply in post # 2 of this thread noted in red below

'

Suggest you contact DCL's Special Services Department directly . However keep in mind when making your request asking for it to be a "reasonable accommodation" in association with ADA does not apply being it's a foreign island and a foreign flagged ship. With that said DCL tends to do a nice job catering to people with disabilities so wouldn't be surprised if they already have an alternative method established,

Phone: (407) 566-3602 Fax: (407) 566-3760 TTY: (407) 566-7455

Email: SpecialServices@disneycruise.com

Correction to my reply in post # 2 of this thread noted in red below

'

I do plan to call Disney, I was just curious if anyone has actually been successful in requesting the alternative. Thanks for the contact number! :)