online reserving excursions-easy to do?

sctraveler04

I am new to Regent and have never done the booking of excursions. ( been on silversea and seabourne and did private tours) . We booked late so limited now to 180 days out for booking and wondering how many still available. Sounds like you go to your account at 12:01 am of day opens to us and then what? Do you have to go to each port and book excursion? and if first choice full ( as can not figure out how to see status of any excursions.) does it let you waitlist online , then can you book 2nd choice? Also can I book for both my husband and I since we are on same booking number? and from postings guess worst case have your travel agent call Regent when they open in morning? Thanks.... just don't want to be panicking at midnight trying to figure this out.

You can book on line - for both you and your Husband - there are boxes to check for each of you - or call Regent and speak to an agent who will be glad to help you.

One advantage of calling and speaking to a person is that if a tour is full, you can ask what is open

Peggy

sctraveler04, welcome to the Regent board !

First it is important to further define "12:01 a.m.". It is 12:01 a.m. eastern time. So, if you lived on the west coast, it would be 9:01 p.m. and in Colorado it would be 10:01 p.m. the night before. I would set up your account on the Regent website now so that you're ready to go when reservations open up. When you set the account up, you will need to add your cruise. This requires you to input your booking number, the date you embark and the check which ship you will be on. Once the account is set up, you will be able to see the dates when you can book excursions and dining reservations.

Once you begin selecting excursions, if an excursion is full, you cannot waitlist online and will need to call Regent. I would recommend booking available excursions online as other passengers will also be online booking reservations and an excursion that is available at midnight may not be available the next morning when you call Regent (note: most full excursions do eventually accommodate the passengers on the waitlist - they simply add ore buses).

Hope that this helps!

And yes, you need to go into each port to book the excursion. Unfortunately, you need to click on each excursion in each port to see if it is still available. There is no nice grid like graphic that gives a complete picture for your cruise. Have fun.

You can book on line - for both you and your Husband - there are boxes to check for each of you - or call Regent and speak to an agent who will be glad to help you.

One advantage of calling and speaking to a person is that if a tour is full, you can ask what is open

Peggy

Thanks.. just assuming it will let me do both of us, as on our booking it has both of our names under my sign in.

Wanting to do it at 12;01 eastern time as would think Regent agents won't be working until morning...

And yes, you need to go into each port to book the excursion. Unfortunately, you need to click on each excursion in each port to see if it is still available. There is no nice grid like graphic that gives a complete picture for your cruise. Have fun.

Great.. better have some coffee to stay awake to do this.. we have 8 ports to sign up for..

sctraveler04, welcome to the Regent board !

First it is important to further define "12:01 a.m.". It is 12:01 a.m. eastern time. So, if you lived on the west coast, it would be 9:01 p.m. and in Colorado it would be 10:01 p.m. the night before. I would set up your account on the Regent website now so that you're ready to go when reservations open up. When you set the account up, you will need to add your cruise. This requires you to input your booking number, the date you embark and the check which ship you will be on. Once the account is set up, you will be able to see the dates when you can book excursions and dining reservations.

Once you begin selecting excursions, if an excursion is full, you cannot waitlist online and will need to call Regent. I would recommend booking available excursions online as other passengers will also be online booking reservations and an excursion that is available at midnight may not be available the next morning when you call Regent (note: most full excursions do eventually accommodate the passengers on the waitlist - they simply add ore buses).

Hope that this helps!

Thanks, have account set up and it shows date to sign up ( tomorrow at 12:01 am est) . So guess will get on and see what is available at each port and then call TA or Regent in morning..Just wasn't sure whether my account sign on would let me do 2 of us.. but it is tied to booking number which has both our names. Isn't the easiest web site to see everything quickly. There are 4 of us traveling so could always do private tours if waitlisted altho defeats the marketing pitch of free tours..

Thanks.. just assuming it will let me do both of us, as on our booking it has both of our names under my sign in.

Wanting to do it at 12;01 eastern time as would think Regent agents won't be working until morning...

they opened dead on midnight for me ;)

ring Regent and ask them to send you a PDF of your excursions ahead of time. It is easier to read and will give you a good idea of the excursions (though not what has been sold out sadly).

You can book more than one excursion per port if time allows. I just started selling Regent and love it hope you will also. Have a wonderful trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There generally is not enough time to do two excursions because there has to be 1 1/2 or 2 hours between end and start times. Some people work hard to book as much as they can and then, once onboard and after a couple days of non-stop excursions, they end up cancelling some. After all, a big part of the Regent Experience is being onboard the ship. It would be a shame to return home from a Regent cruise exhausted and knowing that you were too tired to do take advantage of what is offered onboard. Hopefully, people find a happy medium (a mix a sea days - either real sea days or one you designate as sea days and days when you go on excursions. IMO, this is the best balance.

Thanks.. think we are set up.. appreciate prompt response ..

Just remember - if you need to change excursions or dining reservations, just call Regent or your TA. I've had good luck just calling directly to change or add excursions. And as others have said, most times if you're waitlisted, the waitlist will clear. The only time we've been waitlisted and didn't clear was for limited capacity Regent Choice excursions. And most of those aren't due to Regent restrictions, but rather restrictions by the tour itself, i.e. private Vatican tours, certain wine tastings, culinary classes, etc.

I also noticed your screen name and location don't seem to match - it's funny because we're currently living in SC but I met my wife in Littleton. We both lived in CO for between 15-20 years but loving life in the south now. And one more bit of totally irrelevant trivia, even though we're not allowed to mention or recommend particular TAs on the site here, I think it's legal to say that we still use our local TA that we had back in the Denver area. Good dude. :D

Welcome to the boards and Regent - happy sailing!

Just remember - if you need to change excursions or dining reservations, just call Regent or your TA. I've had good luck just calling directly to change or add excursions. And as others have said, most times if you're waitlisted, the waitlist will clear. The only time we've been waitlisted and didn't clear was for limited capacity Regent Choice excursions. And most of those aren't due to Regent restrictions, but rather restrictions by the tour itself, i.e. private Vatican tours, certain wine tastings, culinary classes, etc.

I also noticed your screen name and location don't seem to match - it's funny because we're currently living in SC but I met my wife in Littleton. We both lived in CO for between 15-20 years but loving life in the south now. And one more bit of totally irrelevant trivia, even though we're not allowed to mention or recommend particular TAs on the site here, I think it's legal to say that we still use our local TA that we had back in the Denver area. Good dude. :D

Welcome to the boards and Regent - happy sailing!

Small world... the Littleton, Co to SC.. Miss the mountains but like the weather in SC.

Was so surprised as every excursion we wanted was available and was online and done in less than 10 minutes . Even checked in morning and excursions still open.. We did several Regent Choice options also and no waitlist.

We’ve cruised Regent several times and had little trouble with fully booked excursions even if not booking first day. I also find the Destinations desk is very helpful onboard and will accommodate changes even after deadline if available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums