Trishaw rude with Xuan in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

debshomespun

This is the best private excursion we have done! Yesterday, we visited Ho Chi Minh City and booked a private excursion with Xuan, contact him here:

http://www.tourwithxuan.com. We arrived at our meeting point 10 minutes early and Xuan was eagerly awaiting for us. He had a private driver in a newer SUV for our party of 4. Our first stop was a local market. We had the opportunity of walking through the narrow alleyways. It was a great experience to see many fresh produce there. Then, we visited Thien Hau Temple before taking the trishaw ride around the city. Our next stop was to enjoy Vietnamese coffee on a floating boat called "The Coffee Ship". Then, it was time to enjoy some local cuisine for lunch. After lunch, we visited the War Remnants Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, General Post Office, the former CIA headquarters, City Hall, Rex Hotel, and the Opera House. It was truly a great day to see the interesting sites in the city. We had such an amazing day. We were able to see many sights most Westerners would never get to see. Xuan is very personable, knowledgeable, and speaks excellent English. He is very passionate about his country and his love for sharing his knowledge is through his excursions.

Sent from my XT1565 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
This is the best private excursion we have done! Yesterday, we visited Ho Chi Minh City and booked a private excursion with Xuan, contact him here:

www.tourwithxuan.com. We arrived at our meeting point 10 minutes early and Xuan was eagerly awaiting for us. He had a private driver in a newer SUV for our party of 4. Our first stop was a local market. We had the opportunity of walking through the narrow alleyways. It was a great experience to see many fresh produce there. Then, we visited Thien Hau Temple before taking the trishaw ride around the city. Our next stop was to enjoy Vietnamese coffee on a floating boat called "The Coffee Ship". Then, it was time to enjoy some local cuisine for lunch. After lunch, we visited the War Remnants Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, General Post Office, the former CIA headquarters, City Hall, Rex Hotel, and the Opera House. It was truly a great day to see the interesting sites in the city. We had such an amazing day. We were able to see many sights most Westerners would never get to see. Xuan is very personable, knowledgeable, and speaks excellent English. He is very passionate about his country and his love for sharing his knowledge is through his excursions.

Sent from my XT1565 using Forums mobile app

The Tour with Xuan sounds brilliant - where is the meeting point? I understand that where the ships dock is a 90 minute journey into Ho Chi Minh city. Are you collected from the ship or at HCM?

Can't find any info on this on his web page (or any prices, but I read on another post it was about $75 per person).

thank you

Susan, Northumberland

We spent 3 days last month with Xuan, 2 in HCM City and one in Nha Trang. The six of us agreed his tours were the highlight of our three week vacation. We were on the Regent Voyager and he met us at the port gate. If you can book him, DO SO! I couldn’t recommend him more highly. If you are overnighting in HCM consider doing his dinner tour on motor scooters. Our average age is 65 and we felt like kids that night. The food was amazing and seeing Saigon at night like a local was fantastic.

The Tour with Xuan sounds brilliant - where is the meeting point? I understand that where the ships dock is a 90 minute journey into Ho Chi Minh city. Are you collected from the ship or at HCM?

Can't find any info on this on his web page (or any prices, but I read on another post it was about $75 per person).

thank you

Susan, Northumberland

Usually any private tour company your use for HCM (Saigon) when docking at Phu My your guide should pick you up just outside the quick easy walk to just outside the port gate. Ours did.

Just remember, if you are wanting to do a cyclo ride make sure it is booked throught an agent or your hotel and prepaid.

Do not under any circumstances decide to do a ride on the spur of the moment and make your own arrangements, it will most like end in disaster and cost you a heap of money. The scams with the drivers are legendary.