Cambodia Twice in Less Than 30 Days - Visas

pjules

We are going to visit Cambodia on a sailing in Feb. Visas will be issued on board the ship. After the cruise, we intend to fly from Singapore to Siem Reap. The whole trip will be complete within 30 days. Question: Has anyone done this, and did you have to obtain two separate “single entry” visas? On the visa website it says a single entry is good for 30 days. The multiple entry visa was for periods over 30 days. I’ve emailed the embassy to clarify and did not receive a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is really the sort of information that you need from the horse's mouth rather than the opinions of amateurs trying to help or even the experience of just one or two travellers who've been in the same situation.

OK, so you've tried that and hit a blank wall - but can I suggest you send another e-mail, together with a read receipt request, because your first e-mail may have ended up in a junk file or simply been overlooked.

Is there an alternative e-mail address? Or even a snail-mail address or phone number?

I'm guessing your request was in English - if you try again in English it's worth using the simplest possible words & phraseology.

Back to "the opinions of amateurs trying to help" ...........

In most cases - certainly in Vietnam but I don't know for sure about Cambodia - the visas issued by the ship aren't regular tourist visas, they're suited only for arrival & departure on the ship. And it's a safe bet it's not a multiple-entry document. So I very much doubt that the "visa"(?) issued by the ship for your port-of-call visit will have any effect on a visa application for Siem Reap.

A single-entry visa that's "good for 30 days" will refer to either 30 days from the date of issue (in which case don't apply to early) or more likely a maximum stay of 30 days. But regardless of timescale of course it won't cover more than one entry.

In the absence of any better information or suggestions I think you should ignore the fact that the ship issues an immigration document for Sihanoukville, and make your application for one single-entry visa for your trip from Singapore.

Just MHO as always.

Definitely no guarantees, and I'll defer to anyone who knows better.

JB :)

Don't know about multiple entry. Requirements may depend on what passport you travel with.

We (Canadians) flew into Siem Reap last Feb. The visa process was very straightforward. We obtained it at the airport on arrival. We had to pay cash $20 USD. They took our photo (for their records only). It took about 15 minutes from the time we lined up to the time we left the desk. Very efficient. We just wished that Vietnam had been as easy and straightforward.

So, at worst this is what you might have to pay on the second time around if the first one is not honoured or is only good for one entry.

Of course, things change. So it would be best, as the OP said, to check directly with them.

We are going to visit Cambodia on a sailing in Feb. Visas will be issued on board the ship. After the cruise, we intend to fly from Singapore to Siem Reap. The whole trip will be complete within 30 days. Question: Has anyone done this, and did you have to obtain two separate “single entry” visas? On the visa website it says a single entry is good for 30 days. The multiple entry visa was for periods over 30 days. I’ve emailed the embassy to clarify and did not receive a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi pjules.

We are doing the same visit. Did you finally receive response from the embassy?

Jean

This is really the sort of information that you need from the horse's mouth rather than the opinions of amateurs trying to help or even the experience of just one or two travellers who've been in the same situation.

OK, so you've tried that and hit a blank wall - but can I suggest you send another e-mail, together with a read receipt request, because your first e-mail may have ended up in a junk file or simply been overlooked.

Is there an alternative e-mail address? Or even a snail-mail address or phone number?

I'm guessing your request was in English - if you try again in English it's worth using the simplest possible words & phraseology.

Back to "the opinions of amateurs trying to help" ...........

In most cases - certainly in Vietnam but I don't know for sure about Cambodia - the visas issued by the ship aren't regular tourist visas, they're suited only for arrival & departure on the ship. And it's a safe bet it's not a multiple-entry document. So I very much doubt that the "visa"(?) issued by the ship for your port-of-call visit will have any effect on a visa application for Siem Reap.

A single-entry visa that's "good for 30 days" will refer to either 30 days from the date of issue (in which case don't apply to early) or more likely a maximum stay of 30 days. But regardless of timescale of course it won't cover more than one entry.

In the absence of any better information or suggestions I think you should ignore the fact that the ship issues an immigration document for Sihanoukville, and make your application for one single-entry visa for your trip from Singapore.

Just MHO as always.

Definitely no guarantees, and I'll defer to anyone who knows better.

JB :)

On the Cambodia visa website It is written that the e-visa is not accepted in Sianoukville, only at the airport Siem Reap. The ship deliver a « visa » good only as a transit of less then 24 hours.

Jean