Substitute re: Sydney's Quay renovation [emoji22]

Flatbush Flyer

We'll be spending a few days in Sydney pre-transpacific cruise next May and I was just informed by Quay (the restaurant) that they will be closed for a multi-month renovation project.

It was to be the "special night out" dinner, particularly since it was also walkable from the Park Hyatt.

We're fine on other nights with meals varying from pubs to grills. But, I'm still looking for something upscale (no jacket though), exceptional, contemporary and memorable. (If it was home here in SF, we'd be thinking of Slanted Door, Perbacco, Foreign Cinema, etc.) Prefer to keep it not too far from the hotel (e.g., The Rocks area would be preferable to the CBD).

Recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aria, across the other side of Circular Quay, is very nice. It's a Good Food Guide two hat restaurant (Quay is three hats). Bennelong at the Opera House also has two hats but I haven't been there recently. Cirrus, at Barangaroo, also has two hats and is very nice. It's a bit further away though.

Aria, across the other side of Circular Quay, is very nice. It's a Good Food Guide two hat restaurant (Quay is three hats). Bennelong at the Opera House also has two hats but I haven't been there recently. Cirrus, at Barangaroo, also has two hats and is very nice. It's a bit further away though.

Yes- heard Aria was good. Any word on the Café Sydney or Est.?

I think I've eaten at Est before. But, it was almost a decade ago. All I can remember is that it was on George St somewhere between the Westin and Circular Quay (possibly in an upstairs location). It was quite good.

In an case, thanks for the recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums