Where is the "military pier" when I'm looking at Google Maps?

lucywestie

Going on the Rhapsody and it appears they are docking at the military pier right now. Looked at Google Maps but nothing specific jumps out when you type that in. I see the coast guard station on the north side of Key West with what looks like a large mooring facility on the west side of it (where Whiting and Mustin meet).

Is this the pier? If so I read that you have to take a tram from there to the town. Can I assume this is laid on by the cruise line or town and if so where would it drop you off and then...do you pick it up from the same spot (obvious really I know).

Would it actually be the "Navy Mole Pier". So the south west part of the town near Fort Zachary?

Many thanks

Pete

We docked at the navy pier on a Norwegian Cruise. This is approx where we were docked

71c900badf1a4023c6e43610f863edda.jpg

A free tram to Mallory square was set up by the cruise line. I think that’s mandatory. I don’t think we could have walked in and out of the base if we chose to. All adults had to bring picture ID and it was checked on the tram ride back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We were there last week and docked at the Navy pier. You cannot walk out as this is an active military base. You are required to take the shuttle -they run continously in both directions, open air trams mostly. Takes about five minutes or so to reach the drop off area in the center of town near Mallory Square and across from the biggest CVS I have ever seen. Return to the same place when you are ready to go back to the ship.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile app