Streaming a Live Sporting Event

TIZ-EYE

Hello! My friends and I are Big 10 fans. We are booked on the December 1 Cuba cruise. The Big 10 Championship game is on Fox on December 2 at 8 pm ET. Has anyone out there ever streamed a live sporting event? If so, can you give a brief description of the process. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could stream the SEC Championship game as well? Thanks.

Hello! My friends and I are Big 10 fans. We are booked on the December 1 Cuba cruise. The Big 10 Championship game is on Fox on December 2 at 8 pm ET. Has anyone out there ever streamed a live sporting event? If so, can you give a brief description of the process. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could stream the SEC Championship game as well? Thanks.

I am also interested in this as a Crimson Tide fan.... Roll Tide!!! Ok, have friends of the Buckeye and Wisconsin persuasion so am with you. I have heard that they show World Cup Football (soccer) in one of the bars so am hoping to see the College Championship Game January 8th. We leave from LA January 5th so will see all the earlier games. This, of course assumes we get to the Big Game.....:eek: If they do not show it on board I have the ESPN app that lets me watch on my phone. Have watched Bama games on the road this way. Such problems...:cool:

Hi Jim. I'm an Alabama fan, too!!!!! I'm from Michigan (a Spartan fan) and lived in Mobile for a few years in the 80's. My friends are Wisconsin alums and we hope to watch either on a laptop or on the big screen in the Explorer's Lounge. Roll Tide!!!

I doubt very much Viking would arrange this in the Explorer's Lounge. There are too many guests who enjoy that quiet facility in the evening, along with the background music performed there, and have no interest in the game. On the other hand, there are two cinema rooms in the Theatre on Deck 2.

I doubt very much Viking would arrange this in the Explorer's Lounge. There are too many guests who enjoy that quiet facility in the evening, along with the background music performed there, and have no interest in the game. On the other hand, there are two cinema rooms in the Theatre on Deck 2.

I agree, many will have no interest. Possibly get it on the ship's tv channels. Hole up in my room and yell at the tv.....:eek:

You don't know until you ask. There is the second floor of the lounge that is used for private gatherings. I thought of the cinemas but the evening show starts at 9:15. There is the movie screen by the pool as well.

I sure hope you have better luck than DH has had watching sports while cruising. He has tried NFL and MLB on a few different trips. His experience hasn’t been very successful when using the ships’ channels.

One time we were in a suite on HA and he asked the concierge if they would be showing the World Series (his SF Giants made it while we were on our trip). The response was ‘what is the World Series!’:') (They did have soccer on in the sports bar bit they couldn’t get the WS). He thought he had it all figured out via ESPN in our cabin.....he set his alarm for middle of the night.....it wasn’t on. Tried a different route the next night. Didn’t work. He was fairly disappointed. We were sailing from Egypt so I am not sure how much geography had to do with it.

He didn’t attempt any sports on Viking so maybe the newer system might provide more opportunities. I sure hope it works for you....at least you have a back up plan on your phone. Be sure to let us know how it rolls out - for all the sports fans out there!!

Hi. Family members are on your cruise. They asked me to ask you if you knew about the Roll Call for that cruise and the meet and mingle as well. Meet and Mingle has 25 people signed up, unless some dropped out because they cancelled the cruise. Link to the "Find Your Roll Call" and "Meet & Mingle" sections are above, in blue, if you want to sign in and sign up!

Consider streaming the radio version only.....or for less than $100 you can get a portable Sirius satellite radio and should be able to get a signal in most of the Caribbean. .

I have a Slingbox and stream from my VCR and cable box all the time. I watched Game of Thrones live on my last river cruise. For $300 you can watch your own TV from anywhere with a decent internet connection.

Thanks for the info!!

Yes, we streamed Penn State playing in the Rose Bowl last New Years Eve on our Surface right in the World Cafe! Several people stopped by and watched with us. It was great fun and could only have been better if Penn State won.