Princess Anniversary Sale coming up Dec 05 - Feb 14 !

MCC retired

Princess Anniversary Sale (December 5, 2017 - February 14, 2018)

It’s important to ALWAYS remember your anniversary. The same goes for our own anniversary – so we’ve decided to mark this annual occasion with a sale! The Princess Anniversary Sale features all destinations, Summer 2018 - Spring 2019, and some pretty big enticements!

• Up to $600 FREE Onboard Spending Money per stateroom‡
  • FREE specialty dining for ALL guests††
  • $100 refundable deposit per guest

i wonder how many names they can come up with all these fake sales

They're beginning to sound like JC Penney and their "once in a lifetime" sales (that happen every weekend). Or "exclusive" cardholder sales (every other week). Or "Fantastic Friday" sale (every Friday). Or "special weekend spectacular" sales (at least once a month).

It’s important to ALWAYS remember your anniversary. The same goes for our own anniversary – so we’ve decided to mark this annual occasion with a sale! The Princess Anniversary Sale features all destinations, Summer 2018 - Spring 2019, and some pretty big enticements!

This is exactly the same as the "anniversary sale" a year ago. Nothing new.

Plus, every time they have a new "sale", they jack the amount of the basic cruise fare up enough that they're not losing any money. We booked a cruise for next year and a week later they had a "sale", but the basic cruise fare was increased by $200pp. Not much of a sale! :o

Yes-agree! Waiting to see what the base price will be?

We booked during 3 for Free and now the new "sale" they have on before this anniversary "sale" has the same perks (as 3 for free) but with higher prices.

Not holding my breath for a real price drop.

As Always, MCC, Thanks for the heads’ up. I appreciate you always giving us advance notice of the next sale including the dates and terms.

Thanks again, and Safe Journeys. Paul

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They're beginning to sound like JC Penney and their "once in a lifetime" sales (that happen every weekend). Or "exclusive" cardholder sales (every other week). Or "Fantastic Friday" sale (every Friday). Or "special weekend spectacular" sales (at least once a month).

Yes I agree and down here in Australia we even get less out of these "sales". As for the up to $600 OBC per stateroom, the key words are "up to". I usually find this applies to one or two cruises out of many and that they are for the longest cruises only. Most of the time it is a lousy $100 OBC. Today I got a little booklet in the mail about their Uncover Adventure Sale and the deals only included trip excursion credit up to $300. Despite the garbage about being such and such a percentage off launch fares, the fares for the cruises included have not dropped for months so no real sale at all.

Princess are treating people as gullible but I guess that enough are just that. I love Princess and want to do many more cruises with them but their advertising lately is all pee and wind about nothing.

Despite the garbage about being such and such a percentage off launch fares, the fares for the cruises included have not dropped for months so no real sale at all.

Princess are treating people as gullible but I guess that enough are just that. I love Princess and want to do many more cruises with them but their advertising lately is all pee and wind about nothing.

It's not that people are gullible. Any good marketing person will tell you the greatest sales gimmick is one that convinces people that they are getting something for "free".

If you look closely, each one of these "free" offers are targeted to specific types. Some offer "Free drinks". That will appeal to a certain type. Others offer "Free gratuities" to appeal to a different type. Each offer will normally adjust the base price so the total price including the "free" stuff remains the same.

basically, you just have to get past the headline and look at the details. and keep looking, keep looking, keep looking.

We got a great deal, at least for now, when I got an email from Princess about a 24 hour, $1 per person deposit and free grats. Was able to book a nice 5 day eastern carib in the spring - interior center. the price, at least yesterday was $100 more per person for the next lower cat. without the grats.

We will follow the cruise pricing until the last few days before the cruise, as you never know which Princess rep might answer the phone when you call,

but would/will be very happy if there is no change at all

Above, there are questions about what the base fare will me. You just have to look at a fare tracking site (eg. the fish one). You can see what happened on similar cruises last year (ie. on Dec 2nd 2016 after the cyber sale). The prices went up hundreds and sometimes many hundreds of dollars.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i wonder how many names they can come up with all these fake sales

LOL. Thank you!! Just a bunch of complete crap. I guess there are enough people out there that fall for these scam deals... offering all these great give backs, except the cruise is $500 higher now than it was before the "sale". (Just like the March cruise I have booked). :mad: You really have to know what you are looking for, and when it truly is a deal, or not. Most of us on these forums DO! ;)

• 2 months later...
Princess is reducing the deposit from $100 to $1 for new bookings only on the last day of this promotion...2/14/18.

Thanks Frank for the info! My husband just broke his hip about 10 days ago... But, with a $1 deposit, i can book something and if he can't go... We only lose that!

How far out can we book these cruises?

Princess is reducing the deposit from $100 to $1 for new bookings only on the last day of this promotion...2/14/18.

wow is this something you've seen from them or just heard?

it would be very tempting indeed. how do they prevent people from just holding rooms till final payment? seems risky

is final still 75 days out for a 7 nite cruise?

and i believe EZ air isnt due until final payment, correct?

wow is this something you've seen from them or just heard?

it would be very tempting indeed. how do they prevent people from just holding rooms till final payment? seems risky

is final still 75 days out for a 7 nite cruise?

and i believe EZ air isnt due until final payment, correct?

My TA provided me with written information from Princess that there’ll be the $1 deposit offer for new bookings only on 2/14. Their Summer on Sale promotion beginning on 2/14 has a 10% non-refundable deposit which is less desirable for me than their Anniversary sale that ends after 2/14.

About twice per year they have a one day, $1 deposit offer which apparently generates enough sales & passengers who actually cruise to make the $1 deposit offer cost effective for them.

You’re correct, EZair payment is also due at final payment.

Final payment for 7 day cruises is still 75 days before sailing which is the same for most cruises. The longest cruises we’ve booked were month long cruises & they also had final payment 75 days before sailing. I don’t know when final payment is sooner but think it’s for longer cruises such as world cruises.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks Frank for the info! My husband just broke his hip about 10 days ago... But, with a $1 deposit, i can book something and if he can't go... We only lose that!

How far out can we book these cruises?

Sorry to learn that he broke his hip. :(

The $1 deposit is a one day added benefit to their Anniversary Sale which states:

The Princess Anniversary Sale features all destinations, Summer 2018 - Spring 2019

I’m debating whether to book a cruise for October by the 14th to get the anniversary sale promo, but if there might be other even better sales later and if the prices are really jacked up during this time, should I wait?

It’s been my experience that the best sale benefits are offered about a year or more before sailing. We booked Spring 2019 cruises in September 2017 using their 3 for Free offer. There’s been nothing better since then & most of their best offers are to encourage early bookings.

At or after final payment there can be better cruise fares (without additional benefits) but it’s a gambling that they’ll have many cabins available resulting in cheaper fares.

Between 2/22 & 5/3 their Come Back New Sale for Fall 2018 to Spring 2019 includes up to $300 off Princess EZair flights & free daily gratuities. However prices haven’t been released yet so there’s no way to know whether the Anniversary or Come Back New has the best net price. Many of their sales can be moved to a new promotion which we did because 3 for Free was better for us than our original Sip + Sail booking.

It’s been my experience that the best sale benefits are offered about a year or more before sailing. We booked Spring 2019 cruises in September 2017 using their 3 for Free offer. There’s been nothing better since then & most of their best offers are to encourage early bookings.

At or after final payment there can be better cruise fares (without additional benefits) but it’s a gambling that they’ll have many cabins available resulting in cheaper fares.

Between 2/22 & 5/3 their Come Back New Sale for Fall 2018 to Spring 2019 includes up to $300 off Princess EZair flights & free daily gratuities. However prices haven’t been released yet so there’s no way to know whether the Anniversary or Come Back New has the best net price. Many of their sales can be moved to a new promotion which we did because 3 for Free was better for us than our original Sip + Sail booking.

Thanks astroflyer for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums