Miami flight post-cruise

rdsqrl

Quick question: debarking from the Crown on a Saturday: would a 12noon flight out of MIA be too early? Using Global Entry -- that's at all the terminals, right, not just Terminal 2? Assume Uber/taxi use, not shuttle.

And, is it possible without having to walk-off with one's luggage?

Quick question: debarking from the Crown on a Saturday: would a 12noon flight out of MIA be too early? Using Global Entry -- that's at all the terminals, right, not just Terminal 2? Assume Uber/taxi use, not shuttle.

Assuming you are on a domestic flight if you use the self walk off you should be off the ship and through immigration by 8am. Travel time to Port Everglades to MIA is about 45 mins without any long traffic delays. Taxi fare is about $75/$85, Uber could be a little less. You should be able to make the flight. Request the earliest early walk off time. Any delays in the ship's arrival would be a issue.

You will have to wheel all your own luggage. The earliest debark time without luggage is around 8am.

Edited by sknight

It's doable even without self disembarkation, ie walking off your own luggage. Easier and more likely with self disembarkation though.

Just make sure you're in the first group to disembark. If you're in a round trip cruise, immigration and customs should be a breeze walk through (I don't think global entry is at every single terminal, but it may have expanded, never hurts to ask once in the terminal).

Cab will run around $100, shuttle may take longer as it waits to fill up. Private car would work, or try Uber or Lyft.. Plan an hour to MIA, that's the longest it's taken up, even with wicked traffic - there's lots of alternative routes available. Assuming you have TSA pre-check with your global entry, should be no problem. Check-in online the day before to speed things up, bag drops available all around the MIA terminals, and you're set.

This is, of course, assuming the ship is on time, etc. Things going wrong oe ship delayed, all bets are off, as they would be with any other flights, etc.

Good luck.

I guess it’s doable. My son got off the Crown this year with self disembark to avoid having to still look for his luggage at the terminal. Was at FLL before 9am. Adding more travel minutes to MIA, looks possible, assuming the ship arrives and docks on time and there is no road traffic problems along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

when we cruise our of MIA we fly into FLL as its cheaper. We would book an 11:30 flight. We do self assist

For your flight at noon I will tell you self assist - where you have to carry off your luggage to get to the airport early. Its turn over day and those lines will be long. (Is global entry lines available to be used each weekend?)

Thanks to those who offered helpful replies. This is for my traveling companion. I personally wouldn't try this, but I've passed along all your comments and on his head be it. I'll be relaxing at FLL sipping one last vacation adult beverage while he's racing down 95.

I would have no hesitation booking this. Just came off the Regal on Sunday morning. Our flight was at 9:30 a.m. We walked off at 6:30 a.m. and were sitting at the gate at 6:50 a.m.

The OP is asking about Miami. No way to do this there and doubtful at FLL in 20 minutes.

I just flew back from Miami, got off in Ft Lauderdale on the Royal, we stayed over night at Miami airport Hilton.... took flight the following day, flew American... did not think to check what gate at the airport our flight would leave from... big mistake... drop off at the airport is by airline gate... so if you are flying american, check your gate then you can be dropped nearest where you need to be for check in.

I think the recommendation for using the EZ luggage is a flight time of 1:30 or maybe even 2:00 PM when sailing into Ft Lauderdale and flying out of Miami.

We just went the opposite direction and took an Uber from the POM to Ft Lauderdale Beach .. the cost of the ride was only $31 ... great deal ... deserving of a $10 tip. So much cheaper than a taxi. The guy at the hotel mentioned a cab would usually run at least $100 with tip.

We have made a 930.