Private Excursions - leaving contact info with Celebrity

skurvish

We will be on a number of private shore excursions and some of the ports have been known to have weather changes necessitating Celebrity (or other ships I also expect) to depart early (Port Stanley in the Falklands for example).

Has anyone had any experience with leaving contact info with Celebrity so that they can contact you in such an eventuality? If so, who did you leave it with? Anyone have an actual occurrence and were you contacted as a result?

My private excursions will be between 10-20 people so I would think Celebrity might like to have this info.

I think you will have more success if you leave this task with your tour operator. They have a vested interest in having you back to the ship by sailing time, even if it changes due to unforseeable circumstances.

I could be wrong but I seem to remember that all excursions to Volunteer Point, ship sponsored as well as private, were/are out of cell range which would make it impossible for any notification to reach them. All exursions would be late or miss the ship.

I have never heard of a ship leaving early (as in not announcing the new departure time before they let you off the ship).

I would hope if they actually would do that, they would warn you as you are leaving the ship to check in with the ship (or someone like the port agent) during the day to make sure they aren't in fact changing departure time.