Celebrity Summit Penthouse Suite 6148 - Question

Airspeed

Hi,

We're booked on the Penthouse Suite 6148 for a cruise to Bermuda end of May 2018. :D:D:D

I have a question:

On the huge veranda there seems to be a staircase leading down to somewhere. Where does this staircase lead to, and is it open and accessible?

Thank you!

Hi,

We're booked on the Penthouse Suite 6148 for a cruise to Bermuda end of May 2018. :D:D:D

I have a question:

On the huge veranda there seems to be a staircase leading down to somewhere. Where does this staircase lead to, and is it open and accessible?

Thank you!

We are booked in to that suite on the Summit departing this Saturday - we'll keep it nice for you!

We have stayed in the PH next door (6147) on the Summit and it also has the same staircase.

It is some type of service staircase that is used by the crew only, but both times I've been in this suite I have never seen anyone use it.

Other passengers have no access to it.

Thank you, your explanation makes sense.

We are booked in to that suite on the Summit departing this Saturday - we'll keep it nice for you!

We'll be in that PH in January... treat it nice! :)

We should all start leaving hidden messages in this cabin... I wonder how long it would take them to find our hiding place? I'm thinking inside the piano. Or an envelope underneath a drawer. Like a journal record of who stays there that only CC members would know about. LOL

Kymberli... if you leave a note, let me know~!

I would not leave any notes inside the piano, because I know for a fact that the piano is serviced for every cruise (I talked to the technician the last time I was on the Summit). I'll be playing it (Beethoven, Chopin, and Schubert are in my repertoire...)

I would not leave any notes inside the piano, because I know for a fact that the piano is serviced for every cruise (I talked to the technician the last time I was on the Summit). I'll be playing it (Beethoven, Chopin, and Schubert are in my repertoire...)

Good to know, thank you! LOL

Hi,

I have a question:

Thank you!

We have booked that penthouse on Infinity in January. I will post pics.

Enjoy! My happy place. And the Summit is a happy ship.

Yes, we are returning to her, too. We did the Royal Suite the last time, same cruise (Bermuda). The service is really quite good, I have to say. As a vessel she is aging a little, and it shows in some details (corrosion around window areas that has never been polished out, and creaks in the suite cabin that kept us up at night once.) However, Celebrity did everything they could to address any issues that came up, and the attitude of the crew was great! We also are looking forward to Illuminae, the Suite-class restaurant, and some of the other specialty dining.

Does any one know if the tub on the balcony has been fixed? We were there last year and it didn't work but we didn't find out until the last day so we didn't ask about it. Thanks!

I was in 6148 in September 2016 and the tub outside worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We'll be in that PH in January... treat it nice! :)

We should all start leaving hidden messages in this cabin... I wonder how long it would take them to find our hiding place? I'm thinking inside the piano. Or an envelope underneath a drawer. Like a journal record of who stays there that only CC members would know about. LOL

Kymberli... if you leave a note, let me know~!

We hid a message in PH 6147, =X= Constellation ;)

We hope one day that WE find our own message again ... dreaming ...

Heather

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to pop back in here and say that I DID REMEMBER to leave a note in PH 6148!!! I looked but did not find any notes. And I looked hard. LOL Maybe someone who wasn't a cruise critic found them?

As for the stairs on the veranda... those lead down to the main dining room and are intended as an emergency exit, both for the penthouses AND for people in the main dining room if the exit forward can't be used. Makes sense because they need to have another way to get people out of that large room if the foyers can't be used. Our waiter (yes, we ate in the main dining room, not Luminae) told us a new waiter got fired for taking those stairs up to the Penthouse. He was found sitting on their veranda, smoking!

Any questions about this cabin or Summit in general?