Capt's Club

seaworthy1

I know this is an easily researched question, but I would appreciate a quick answer, please.

As a Captains Club Elite member am I offered a same cabin class upgrade? Can I get an A1 for An A2 price?

An A1 has just become available on a cruise we have booked with an A2. Can I swap cabins with no extra charge?

Yes you are eligible for the 1 category upgrade. Technically it' at time of booking. If they are willing to do it for you now it's going to be at the current A2 price and perks (as if you are booking it today). All you can do is call captains club and ask. Just because it's A1 doesn't always mean it's a better cabin/location.

We have been booking with a large online TA. Several times now I have forgotten to ask for the upgrade and have just called our TA (once about six months after booking and they had it applied with no change to cost or amenities even though the cost had gone up since we booked. I've never done it through Celebrity directly. Did you book direct or with a TA?

I recently booked my first Celebrity cruise after sailing quite a few times with RCI. Celebrity gave us status matching of Elite. I didn't know about the cabin upgrade because of being Elite at the time of booking. About 3 weeks later I DID find out so asked my online based travel agent to ask Celebrity if we could upgrade (I even gave them the cabin number I wanted). She rang me back a few hours later and told me that Celebrity had applied the change with no extra to pay. I checked my online booking to check .. and yes, it was changed.

Am I impressed with Captains club...:D Ashley at CC took a couple of extra steps to Make our wishes come true, at no additional cost. We have had our frustrations dealing with Celebrity's customer service and IT dept. But, Ashley could not have been more helpful, caring, professional, she put a smile on my face that will last all day:*:* Thanks to all who replied.

Am I impressed with Captains club...:D Ashley at CC took a couple of extra steps to Make our wishes come true, at no additional cost. We have had our frustrations dealing with Celebrity's customer service and IT dept. But, Ashley could not have been more helpful, caring, professional, she put a smile on my face that will last all day:*:* Thanks to all who replied.

In my experience, Ashley has been extremely helpful.

The irony of the potential upgrade (in Aqua Class) is that if you are on a S-Class ship...the A2s are often much better locations than the higher category A1. When doing Aqua we always book an A2 (away from the pool deck and big overhang) and make sure its marked that we do not want an upgrade to A1.

Hank

The irony of the potential upgrade (in Aqua Class) is that if you are on a S-Class ship...the A2s are often much better locations than the higher category A1. When doing Aqua we always book an A2 (away from the pool deck and big overhang) and make sure its marked that we do not want an upgrade to A1.

Hank

Us too, but this A1 was on a hump. (bigger balcony)