What Celebrity says vs. what other sources say...

JustAGirl79

Two upcoming issues/questions for our January 2018 cruise...

First one, Celebrity has changed our ports because of hurricane damage. Totally understandable and we have zero issue with it. We're now going to St. Lucia and want to book a private excursion. Celebrity has told me over the phone (and what it says on their website) is that we will be docked in St. Lucia. But, the St. Lucia port authority website says we'll be anchored... who to believe? It changes the arrangements we need to make for our shore excursion.

A second similar question, Celebrity has posted that we'll be in St. Kitts on a certain day. A local tour guide (very well known/reviewed) has responded to my tour inquiry that he believes we're in port the day before Celebrity says we will be. This will change whether we are able to book a tour with him..... what source to believe?

I've read enough things in the past to know that Celebrity phone agents and the website doesn't always have the right info.

Hate to say it, but on the tour date in St Kitts, I'm inclined to believe the local. Not because I disbelieve Celebrity, but the local is plugged into things like resupply and catering and the like that are arranged well in advance. Can you book with him contingent on the ship actually going to St Kitts the day he expects you? He's not going to stay in business intentionally booking dates when the ship you're on isn't in port.

Tender versus docked, no idea!

As far as docking vs tendering this is a St. Lucia issue as they are still dredging the harbor.

Our December cruise stop was changed to a tender although the website does still show docking. The dredging was supposed to have been completed by November at the latest but those of us who are familiar with Caribbean time knew that was unlikely.

Can't help with the date discrepency.

Your St. Lucia tour operator will totally understand the delay and plan accordingly. The best advice I can give is arrive early at the designated spot to claim your tender ticket. And, keep in mind that there are not many shore excursions offered by the X if your options are like ours. This will mean that the priority passengers will be fewer in number and your tender will be earlier too.

Enjoy St. Lucia and if there are any quirks or notes I will be glad to post on your Roll Call when we return mid month.

We,were on the Equinox in late Oct and docked at St Lucia. It was the dock next to the town and not the one that we usually docked at across the cove. The dock that we had normally docked at was under expansion and they said it would be done by the end of Nov. I thought they were very optimistic as there seemed to be a lot of work left.

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌊