Harvest Caye Excursions

Isla's Mom

Has anyone taken the boat from Harvest Caye to the mainland for an excursion? Was the water rough? Was it a jet taxi? I had an unpleasant experience on the jet taxi from Cozumel to Playa del Carmen that I don' t wish to repeat, but I would like to book the Mayan ruin excursion that NCL offers. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

There is a ferry now that takes you from HC to Placencia... It is a small vessel, holding around 50 passengers. It was pretty smooth, and none of the passengers I rode with had any problems with motion sickness...

• 1 month later...

I read on one thread that if you take the ferry/shuttle from Harvest Caye to Placencia that you buy it through NCL shore excursions and they limit you to 3 hours in Placencia and then you have to return to Harvest Caye. Can anyone confirm this for me? Wanting to take an excursion from Placencia but a 3 hour limit will eliminate that option :-(

When they first started the ferry operation, that is how they were doing it... I will be going back over Halloween week, and plan on going back to Placencia via the ferry. I will report back my findings upon my return.

I read on one thread that if you take the ferry/shuttle from Harvest Caye to Placencia that you buy it through NCL shore excursions and they limit you to 3 hours in Placencia and then you have to return to Harvest Caye. Can anyone confirm this for me? Wanting to take an excursion from Placencia but a 3 hour limit will eliminate that option :-(

• 3 weeks later...

Following this thread as I would like more info on Placencia as well. Hoping someone who goes soon will post more info. Also does anyone know if we can book this ahead of time or do we have to wait and do it on board the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm pretty sure that you must book on the ship... I cruise in 23 days, and there is no option to pre-book.

Following this thread as I would like more info on Placencia as well. Hoping someone who goes soon will post more info. Also does anyone know if we can book this ahead of time or do we have to wait and do it on board the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are sailing in February and we would like to visit the spice farm. I see a less expensive tour offered by Shore Excursioneer but I can find no reviews on it. Has anyone had any luck taking the ferry and going on a tour by a company like Shore Excursioneer?

We are sailing in February and we would like to visit the spice farm. I see a less expensive tour offered by Shore Excursioneer but I can find no reviews on it. Has anyone had any luck taking the ferry and going on a tour by a company like Shore Excursioneer?

Yes, instead we did the River Tubing but it sure did worked out!

My DH and I are thinking of doing the Placencia ferry when we first get to Harvest Caye and walk around the village for a couple hours, then go back to HC and swim in the pool until time to reboard. Does anyone know when the ferry runs, is it back and forth, or is it just one trip for the day?

Sent from my SM-T357T using Forums mobile app

I just read the Shore Excursioneer site regarding the Laughing Bird Caye snorkel trip. To read the description it sounds like just hop on the cruise ferry from Harvest Caye to the mainland, take the excursion, ferry back to the ship. Sounds great EXCEPT I can't find out how long we can actually stay on the mainland. I called NCL and they just said that I should book one of their many HC excursions. I will call Shore Exc this week, but just hoping that someone has taken this excursion and can provide feedback.

When they first started the ferry operation, that is how they were doing it... I will be going back over Halloween week, and plan on going back to Placencia via the ferry. I will report back my findings upon my return.
Hi. I am solo on the Escape too. I may go over on the ferry. Wanted to snorkle in Placencia.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

My DH and I are thinking of doing the Placencia ferry when we first get to Harvest Caye and walk around the village for a couple hours, then go back to HC and swim in the pool until time to reboard. Does anyone know when the ferry runs, is it back and forth, or is it just one trip for the day?

Sent from my SM-T357T using Forums mobile app

The ferry/boat runs several times per day. It costs US$20 round trip and takes less than 10 minutes