Red Stripe Beach-great day!

karena1

We took the Royal Caribbean bus excursion last week to Red Stripe Beach. Cost was $29 per person and we took the 10:30 time. Other time was 11:30

While what I read about the road into the beach was true-loads of construction and very rough, the beach itself was great. Super clean, not huge, but not that many people since it is only Royal. They were constantly raking the beach, sand was pretty white. Water was gorgeous and very clear.

Buses ran every hour so we got there at 11 and stayed and took the 3:30 (ship time) bus back. Last bus was 4:30 ship time, 3:30 local time

Staff were super nice, no vendors-all they had were 2 small shops and hair braiding or massages. But NO ONE bugged you at all.

There was a small bar that served drinks and there was a food hut. We had the jerk chicken and fries - good portion - for $10

I would go back there again - anytime we go to Falmouth we will take that excursion and go back. It was worth the money.

Thank you for coming back and posting.:)

I plan to do this excursion, so have lots of questions.

Did you have to go to the Shore excursion desk? How did you purchase your tickets? It's not anywhere on our Travel Planner.

Also, is there signage? Where do u get the shuttle?

What alcoholic drinks did they have for purchase?

Did they have beach service, or did you have to get your own drinks?

Love Jerk Chicken, What other foods did they have? Any fish?

Are there umbrellas to rent? I read there's some shady parts on the beach if not.

I also read there's music and line dancing. What type of music?

Any water toys for rent?

It's me and hubby, we love the beach and want to have a fun day not far from port, so based on everything I've read, this is the excursion for us.

I hit u with a lot of questions, thank you in advance.:D

Thanks for posting.

We are going on Celebrity and wondering if they will have this excursion. I have noticed in the past that not all excursions offered are on the cruise planner for prior purchase, so hoping this one or the Blue Waters is offered on board.

Thank you for coming back and posting.:)

I plan to do this excursion, so have lots of questions.

Did you have to go to the Shore excursion desk? How did you purchase your tickets? It's not anywhere on our Travel Planner. It was not on cruise planner. I went to the shore excursion desk as soon as we got on the ship and booked it there.

Also, is there signage? Where do u get the shuttle? Your tickets tell you to go to bus stop 2. When you get into port and into the square just walk down on the left. You will see the sign #2. The staff in there will tell you where to sit and wait. Then they will line you up and walk you all the way to the bus.

What alcoholic drinks did they have for purchase? A lot of different things, Red Stripe beer, run punch, I saw margaritas, and other frozen drinks so I think it was a decent selection. I think they had other beers also, maybe Heiniken. I really did not pay too much attention

Did they have beach service, or did you have to get your own drinks?yes, they had beach service for both food and drink.

Love Jerk Chicken, What other foods did they have? Any fish?They had fish and pork also, but by the time my husband ordered, the fish was gone.

Are there umbrellas to rent? I read there's some shady parts on the beach if not. No umbrellas, but tons of shade. Hubby sat under the Seagrape tree all day while I laid in the sun.

I also read there's music and line dancing. What type of music? The DJ in the bar played music all day, good music and not too loud

Any water toys for rent? not that we saw.

It's me and hubby, we love the beach and want to have a fun day not far from port, so based on everything I've read, this is the excursion for us.

I hit u with a lot of questions, thank you in advance.:D

see above

We really enjoyed it. We are total beach people and I was extremely happy on that beach.

Thanks for posting.

We are going on Celebrity and wondering if they will have this excursion. I have noticed in the past that not all excursions offered are on the cruise planner for prior purchase, so hoping this one or the Blue Waters is offered on board.

Royal leases that beach, so I would think Celebrity would offer it. Just go to the Shore Excursion desk as soon as you get on the ship

Thanks for this post. I didn't see it on our cruise planner and really wanted to do it again. We did Chukka Beach a few times but when it disappeared from the cruise planner, we started going to Red Stripe. I wonder why it isn't on the cruise planner. :confused: I hope it's still available when we cruise in February.

Thanks for this post. I didn't see it on our cruise planner and really wanted to do it again. We did Chukka Beach a few times but when it disappeared from the cruise planner, we started going to Red Stripe. I wonder why it isn't on the cruise planner. :confused: I hope it's still available when we cruise in February.

She had no explanation of why it does not show up in the cruise planner, but go down as soon as you get on the ship and see if they offer it.

• 2 weeks later...
thank you for this post! I have read good things about Red Stripe but could not find it in the cruise planner. I thought we were out of luck. we cruise just after Thanksgiving and I am glad to know I have that plan in place.

yes, just go to shore excursions and they will take care of it. We are total beach people and had an awesome day out there.

I'm glad to hear that Red Stripe is still open. I booked the Blue Waters excursion as I thought Red Stripe wasn't available but I think I'm going to cancel it after reading that the food/drinks/chairs included weren't worth the money.

We just returned from our Equinox cruise. The Red Stripe Beach excursion was not offered on Celebrity:(.

We did the "Montego Bay and Doctor's Cave Beach on your own" excursion and it was very good.

Really nice small beach, good food, lot of shade, lounge chairs available, clean bathrooms and open showers. Safe and not a vendor in sight. Lifeguard on duty. DH enjoyed snorkelling off the shore. Starbucks on site (opening soon). Area outside has lots of shopping. Margaritaville in walking distance down the road. Margaritaville has no beach, just water slides and floating trampolenes. I felt pretty safe walking up and down that road on my own and doing some window shopping.

Arzeena

We are looking into going to MB this Jan. from Falmouth. Can I pick your brain?

How long of a drive is it?

We were in MB several years ago and remember being at a beach near the airport-is that close to where you were?

Did you hire a cab for the day-if so who and how much?

We are a group of 8. I sent emails a couple days ago to a few tour companies and no reply.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Subscribing to this thread. Would it be possible to do this on your own? If so, how much for a cab? We are going to have five people so that probably means a van or a larger vehicle. Also, how much for a Red Stripe beer on Red Stripe Beach?

Subscribing to this thread. Would it be possible to do this on your own? If so, how much for a cab? We are going to have five people so that probably means a van or a larger vehicle. Also, how much for a Red Stripe beer on Red Stripe Beach?

you can only go to Red Stripe beach through a Royal or Celebrity excursion. Royal leases the beach so you cannot take a cab there.

We just returned from our Equinox cruise. The Red Stripe Beach excursion was not offered on Celebrity:(.

We did the "Montego Bay and Doctor's Cave Beach on your own" excursion and it was very good.

Really nice small beach, good food, lot of shade, lounge chairs available, clean bathrooms and open showers. Safe and not a vendor in sight. Lifeguard on duty. DH enjoyed snorkelling off the shore. Starbucks on site (opening soon). Area outside has lots of shopping. Margaritaville in walking distance down the road. Margaritaville has no beach, just water slides and floating trampolenes. I felt pretty safe walking up and down that road on my own and doing some window shopping.

Doctor's Cave is great, but from Falmouth just too long of a trip. We go to Doctor's Cave anytime we cruise into MoBay.

• 4 weeks later...

We were on Allure week of Dec 3rd. I was told by the excursion desk that Red Stripe Beach was sold to a local resort. So we went to Doctor's Cave instead. I would have liked to have found something closer but there really wasn't an option except an expensive all inclusive. It was almost a half hour to Doctor's Cave (we did ship excursion) and it was a nice day.

LIB0007, I will be on Oasis in a couple of weeks, and was really wanting to go to Red Stripe Beach, so was looking for other things to do. Could you please give a brief review/description of your trip to Doctor's Cave Beach, including: cost of the excursion, condition of the beach and whether or not it was crowded, did they have chairs/umbrellas, and if so, in adequate numbers, cost of food/beverages (including beer, if you know)? I will be on Oasis in a couple of weeks, and was planning on Red Stripe Beach. Hoping this might peak my interest as an alternative.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know for sure if Red Stripe Beach is still open? I emailed Royal and they said they have discontinued that excursion. What a shame as there is not a decent beach I can find within 1 hour of that port. I think Falmouth is a wasted stop and will not book another cruise that stops there. If someone finds a beach that is not all inclusive please let me know before 1/7/18.

• 2 weeks later...