8-31-17 Thursday Weigh-in - Special guest Op edition

mdaviswv

Morning folks! Unfortunately I've go no poems for you today. And for that matter I don't even have good news to share. I weighed in the same as last week. My goal for the November Oasis cruise is still 190, but I'm stuck at 206. I've got my doubts it'll happen at this point. I love to walk and still put in a lot of miles per week. But I know one of these days I'll have to hit the weights if I have any hopes of clearing this hurdle. Will keep you posted. As always, I look forward to hearing about your successes and struggles. Have a great weekend!

Mike

Mike

Bridgeport, WV

Hi all!

Mike ~ thanks for starting the thread, poem or not! I have really bad news, for some reason I have gained over 3 lbs in a week & wasn't even on a cruise!! How could that happen?:eek:Was it the popcorn, the cookies or what? This has never happened before. I wonder if there's something wrong with the scale or me.:confused:

Anyhow hope the rest of you did great!

~ Jo ~ :)

Mike, thanks for starting the thread. Sorry you didn't lose. You are not too far from your goal.

I did ok, I lost 1lb. Cruise time for me this weekend. Will be back Sept. 10th. Hopefully I don't gain much.

Jo, sorry you gained. Disappointing but you will get it off.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Diana

I'm trying to be good, I swear...

0a2e9bcc1827aa43050a66e1dcf9bea1.jpg

But beach life just does something to me. I did get an hour or so of playing in the surf, plus walking all over the Mighty Mo' after my son's ceremony, so I got that going for me...

Favorite quick snap of the day:

b002ea8de4668bf95b61ba4414a2274a.jpg

Thanks for the thread Mike, wish I had more to add but all I can offer is don't give in. Keep an eye on daily calories, not too low and not too high - maybe carbs are getting to much or "rare and appropriate" days are too often (fond of Penn Gillette's(?) term for cheat days).

Hopefully you'll find the hole and plug it so you can progress again.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Thanks Mike for starting the thread.

Think the best, you didn't gain and try for a loss next week.

Remember if my chance you don't make your goal whatever

you lose will make you less from now. Right?

Jo It could just be water weight from salt on the popcorn?

Who knows. How many cookies did you eat? Next week bet you'll

l lose a pound or more.

Diana good loss before your cruise. Have a good cruise for your

Birthday in Alaska. Bon Voyage!:champagne-toast:

Cruises42 when you weigh more than once and the number stays you take it!:)

You work hard for that.

shootr you were good, you weren't on the beach, just close to it.:D Look how skinny

you look.

Congrats to your son. Have fun in Hawaii.

Had fun my few days away, Came back said I lost 3 pounds. Think it's false. Didn't

eat much or drink enough. See what it is in a few days. Went out to late dinner tonight

with daughter. So bet that will make scale move up I'm afraid. Taco salad, shared fried ice cream.

I know a no-no. As I write this it's Sept. 1st My Birthday!:wine-glass: Food on Birthdays don't

count as calories .. right? I'll drink lots of water in the next few days I'm sure, going to be.....

in the 100"s!:eek:

Everyone have a great Holiday weekend if you celebrate!

Happy Birthday, Belle. I am back. I know that I have been MIA for a long time, but I'm back now. There was a lot of things happening and it seem like my life was spiraling out of control, but it is a little steadier now.

I gained 5 lbs on my July cruise and have only managed to lose 1 so far. I am 11 lbs from my final goal weight, but I never seem to get there. I have a cruise planned in April (bucket list cruise...the Panama Canal.) And then a family cruise planned for July. I would love to be at my goal for the April cruise.

I have missed posting and reading posts from all of you so I am going to try to stay on track here.

Rose

Hi all!

Belle ~ wishing you many happy healthy returns of the day. Happy Birthday!:champagne-toast: Not that many cookies, just one peanut butter one per day.

Diana ~ have a great cruise!

Rose ~ nice to see you back again.

shootr ~ cute photo with the little one in it. Enjoy yourself, how many times will you have a wedding in Hawaii to attend?;)

Well, this is strange! When I weigh myself on Fridays I weigh a pound or more less than on Thursday!:o I'm still up from last week but not as much.

Have a great long weekend.

~ Jo ~ :)

Hey everyone. Glad this week is over, the last couple days have been pretty rough at work. Didn't walk this evening but spent the evening at the mall with my son. So I'll make that trade any day.

No problem at all starting a new thread. Belle shouldn't always have to carry the load. :)

shootr, you hit the nail on the head. Not too low, not too high. Too low is an issue for me at times. Its usually one extreme or the other. And inevitably, I'm more successful, with 2-3 light meals most days. But I can't seem to convince myself of that and still go long periods of time with very little to eat thinking I'm doing the right thing. Balance is key I guess.

Doubt Diana checks back before she sails, but just in case...Bon voyage Diana!!

Jo, I'm sure its just the scale, mine acts up like that all the time. And, you know, no matter how many times I replace it, the new one just acts the same way. :confused:

cruises42, always take the low number, even if you have to stand there an hour and recheck a dozen times, the lower number is the correct number!

Belle, you are right, food definitely doesn't count on your birthday, or cruises, at ballgames or concerts, or out of town. Come to think it, I wonder why we struggle so much? :confused:

Thinking of taking my son to Pittsburgh Sunday for the rib festival. Thankfully, that counts as out of town, so I should still be good when I check in next week. :cool:

Everyone enjoying their last day of the Holiday Weekend?

shootr is, can tell by pictures and Diana is on a cruise.

Rose WELCOME BACK! You've been missed. Was wondering where you

were. Sorry you had problems but happy your better now. Glad you had a nice cruise and others

coming up. Your almost at goal, you can do it!

I to like Caohnmtx jt has been very HOT here. 111, !09 and 106

Cooling today and the rest of the week. Haven;t eaten much scale has been down

but this morning up. Hope it's just the heat and the water and stuff I've been

drinking. No exercising either, Just sitting in front of a fan. No AC here because don't

have this high of temps. Funny weather thing going on.

shootr your pictures are great. Your sure getting your exercise in while vacationing,

Hope you got to spend time with your son. Is he going to be sent somewhere or

gets to stay in Hawaii? How long has he been there now? When are you leaving Hawaii

even thro you don't want to, I'm sure.

Already home, with the worst cold I can ever remember...We did a luau, North Shore (Banzai Pipeline pilgrimage) AZ memorial, and couple BBQ's - all good times to remember as we won't be seeing them for a pretty long while.

(I was the only AZ kid who knew how to surf, so had to stop by the "Duke" statue...sorry to be a show-off, but damn, I'm kinda proud of this pic:

bc904aad8476233a1545242f00ca9030.jpg

He's off to the East Coast for some training, then they're headed to Spain - I guess that's where we'll be going in 2018...

Scale said 199 this morning so I didn't do too good but will get back on the wagon and eat well and move around as much as possible.

(edit-for those new to here, this is where I came from about 7 years ago (260lbs):

2eef88fcf515dac43d9de857dee30f3d.jpg

So great things are possible, just not easy)

Edited by shootr

shootr Glad your back safe and sound. Sorry you have a cold. I blame the

air in the planes.

Who is that hunk standing in front of the DUKE?

Glad had a good visit with

your son. Be nice going to Spain in 2018.

shootr did you get married in Sedona?

shootr did you get married in Sedona?

Yeah, second time around for both of us and we knew it would be the most memorable at a location we found personally inspiring. That's Cathedral Rock in the background, we go back and hike it every couple years (though we're overdue for another go at it).

From a few years ago, the missus checking out the view:

c9OiU9OFg4qeJZfB2zn2bj3q0vmFh_lMNvmJRor3LcqxbeVVaLDeho58dHnP6x1cE-FnUIeSRYSqfklunXPV_eewgVd96gPTO7IElC6jQU3yGJk6hzsT1xszoKwaKnY3xw55wooIOSq7DMjFUKgOe0Dw8AAciEgglWnskWY5LS8JC2-CRj1v97Fcg1KAm-H2CNxWTwuIe5yHSAeUaolEENhiuSLNypbQpbpf266SmHBNpdaw7Pp6r63jWI2OiHCUlo05N96WGJ5wjbQ-SHD8U3QmJSIRh54w6VGVUrrR5FN4cCj9TyVJQtKaOZ8qTTnRhgghxbuw_7zT9LlYF8uLNVv6QmAQFMYoWN4lI5Djn7grEqjhY9VD5vxHNsdsoULgkPMzd1aV0x7tao78x86NNhEQ8pm1Emf5e-tXeCrmfbLm61aiAf8fQxq3rL2Tp0m7GiY4k1geFA0XFbUz1vc1rfMAaomDPpgEnCP242TXsfB0YhfF-7bdtBswba2bCDUXeRcNgvsZQWVHKqfedwc7lV2OZB7-Sj8ZDit2trc1mL6cHbszUMMW6yQn1qw2PPeI4XweVUuReN4XLZXQP08euVP9ulF63nX372yAZow=w1920-h925-no