OFF TOPIC POSTS Go Here

CC Help Jenn

I am sorry KS, I am having serious issues too. Plus, my daughter's issues seems to be on going. She now has prediabetes and she is not a junk food eater, only wears a size 2- it is just in the genes.

Hubby was hoping to go to northern Europe next year but I think it is time we put a bedroom downstairs for us. It would be so much easier one me with my issues. We have the room, as I have no need of a living room and den- I feel simply having a great room is plenty for our lifestyle. We just need to add a tub to the bathroom, another sink, and closets. Of course we have BEEN needing to replace some of the flooring (marble entry way, is so scarred up and damaged at 25 years old) so I am saying lets just do it.

If I am up to flying next year, we could do something less expensive.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you left for your Canada trip? I hope you have/had? fun. Hopefully it will be/as? cooler than home too! I wish I could go somewhere cooler.

Hi, yes, I had fun, thanks. I left last Wednesday and got home last

night. It was beautiful outside......70s and sunny.:)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well my downstairs bedroom and bath is finished. We ended up putting a full bath separate from the half bath. Our contractor convinced us it would do better with resale and since we wanted another sink, all that was really added was a toilet.

I really like the tile, it is called rialto (like the bridge in Venice) at Lowes. It is a clay look porcelain tile,very durable. It goes very well with my country french look I have in my house. So the ugly worn out marble is gone! we even replaced the laminate in the kitchen with it.

The downside is no trips to Europe for sure for at least 2 or 3 years, which means no northern Europe cruise next year but I am happy with the exchange. It just makes better sense with my health issues I have now.

• 5 months later...

We are looking at doing northern Europe next year. I found a cruise that left from Copenhagen and does ports in Norway including the fjords and also several in Scotland. It was pricey, I think because of the ports(12 days and only 2 sea days) so we would probably book an inside. It is on HAL,because of all the smokers, I would not book a balcony anyway. I still feel it would be more economical than a land trip to both places would be, plus with my health issues, this would be so much easier on me.

We haven't booked yet. it is still over a year away. We are just in the thinking about it stage.

I am a little nervous about going overseas now with the Isis threat too. The only thing I do know is right now I am in no hurry to book a Caribbean cruise. I am tired of them.

I came to CC to learn about those poor cruisers who were murdered in Tunis, but I saw nothing. My prayers are with their families.

• 3 months later...

We still have not booked our northern Europe cruise. Unfortunately we are replacing siding on our house. We knew we had to replace some but discovered it was more than some, which means $$$$ and a bite into our disposable income.

Then there is my health issues. Right now I am not up to the long flight with my extreme fatigue.

We may book a Bermuda cruse instead next year. We won't make a final decision until late fall.

I have not been on here much since I do not have anything in the works. I have noticed many of the old posters are gone now. I hope everyone is okay.

Edited by momofmeg

Once a thread falls off the first page it often gets forgotten. (I know that happens to me!)

Sorry to hear you have been having health issues. Hope you will be feeling up to cruising soon.

I know what you mean about home repairs cutting into money that could be spent on cruising. I have had to have a roof repaired, new plumbing, a new fridge and microwave in the last year.:(

We put a new a new roof on the house in October and since that time I've remodeled every room including gutting the kitchen and the master bath. Last month, I sided the house; we are redoing the pool in August so it will be ready early in the spring and I am waiting for the estimate from the landscaper - OUCH!

I am retiring in a month and since we are not moving, I wanted a "new house".

I just had my shower re-done:)...I had the tub removed and turned it

into a full shower:D...I LOVE IT:D

I had that done about three years ago and have never missed the tub (bad knees meant I couldn't sit in it). Love having the large shower stall and no tub to climb in and out of!

I had that done about three years ago and have never missed the tub (bad knees meant I couldn't sit in it). Love having the large shower stall and no tub to climb in and out of!

Me too:D......I so love this new shower!:D...it was worth every

penney!

Once a thread falls off the first page it often gets forgotten. (I know that happens to me!)

Sorry to hear you have been having health issues. Hope you will be feeling up to cruising soon.

I know what you mean about home repairs cutting into money that could be spent on cruising. I have had to have a roof repaired, new plumbing, a new fridge and microwave in the last year.:(

Glad to see you are still around. When I do not see posts form people especially when they last posted said they were ill, I am afraid the worst has happened. I am glad you and Lois are still around.

Losi, you have your place all fixed to what you want now? I still like a tub which is why we put n a tub/shower combo in our new bathroom last year. I did nix the jacuzzi tub as I never used it and I had to run the jets simply to clean them.

Our old bedroom and bath is our daughter's now and she companions the jets are a pain to clean too. lol!

• 2 weeks later...

When you have an older home, close to being paid off I guess that goes with the territory. To be honest I do feel I would enjoy Bermuda more anyway. I just have to convince my hubby of that.

Our roof is 10 years old now ,but supposedly it had a 30 year warranty. Our heating and air was replaced a year before our roof. I expect that will be our next big money swallower.

• 2 years later...

How is everyone? I have not been here in awhile, i have not taken a cruise in almost 3 years. However, I am taking a cruise next month. it's a 10 day Canada which includes Quebec, and Charlottetown. I am still having health issue, diabetes related. I just hope I do okay.

We booked an Anne of Green Gables/Lucy Maude Montgomery tour which is what I am most excited about.

Hi, the people at the beaches have been told to evacuate. I am not part of that group and actually live in a NON-EVAC

zone........let us hope it stays that way.

It is South Florida and now SW Florida that look like will be in the worst of it............Irma is a BEAST:eek:

Hi, nobody has posted on on here in 2 years.....you must have missed the date of the last post.

Have fun on your cruise.

About the last time I was here. Lol! My health issues pretty serious now. Getting old is no fun.I just hope I will enjoy my cruise

Hi, the people at the beaches have been told to evacuate. I am not part of that group and actually live in a NON-EVAC

zone........let us hope it stays that way.

It is South Florida and now SW Florida that look like will be in the worst of it............Irma is a BEAST:eek:

Good to know you are okay. that broke my heart about those nursing home residents that died form no air conditioning We had issues here from Irma too. Mainly just a loss of power. Ours was only off 2 hours but my MIL's was off 30 hours. Fortunately here, it has been unseasonably cool. It feels more like late October which is a blessing since some still do not have power..