Emerald Princess C521

ctousley819

Hi Chaz,

Sorry I didn't reply yesterday, I was on my (new) Tab2 and too lazy to figure out how to access Princess and cruisedeckplans and get back to CC!

The footnote on the Princess page regarding this inside stateroom, that sometimes twin beds cannot be arranged as a queen or vice versa, usually (if not always) refers to cabins at the very front of the ship or otherwise "odd", wedged into a non-standard space -- not a cabin in a row all with other cabins as yours is. They were just lazy and used a boiler-plate description that might not even refer to any cabin on this ship at all!

I checked on cruisedeckplans (I have a life-time membership) -- and while no cabins in that 'bank' on the EP had photos uploaded, the room next door, 517, had pics from both of Emerald's sisters, the Ruby and the Crown. One showed the beds made up as twins and the other as one big bed. So whichever is your preference, there will be no problem.

Just make certain that your interior room on Emerald does not have bunk beds. When folded up they take up all the space around a queen sized bed. We kept bumping our heads and shoulders on the bunk beds. They customer service desk suggested that we have our bed split into twin beds, but my husband told them, "We don't sleep in separate beds at home and we certainly are not going to sleep apart on the Love Boat." The cruise was sold out and no other room could be found for us.

Chaz,

No worries -- a dummy booking for 4 on the Emerald Princess, far in advance, shows no quads in the Mid-Aft region of the Caribe/10 Deck.

I learned something though -- Princess does NOT indicate room capacity on the deckplans outright... whereas other lines do (RCI I'm looking at you) and are rumored to MOVE a couple from a higher capacity room if someone wants it for more people!