Balcony convert

nyllrap

Well, I am finally a balcony convert. I never had any problem with insides, and we had a balcony once before. But I am 63, my husband is 68, and we can afford it so decided to book a balcony for our recent Oasis of the Seas cruise. We didn't actually sit there a lot, as it was muggy, but still enjoyed it very much. It was so nice to just keep the curtains open and see the ocean. And the ship always docked on our side. Even my husband, very frugal always, said he thinks we will start booking balconies. If for some reason I couldn't it wouldn't bother me, but I did love it!

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Well, I am finally a balcony convert. I never had any problem with insides, and we had a balcony once before. But I am 63, my husband is 68, and we can afford it so decided to book a balcony for our recent Oasis of the Seas cruise. We didn't actually sit there a lot, as it was muggy, but still enjoyed it very much. It was so nice to just keep the curtains open and see the ocean. And the ship always docked on our side. Even my husband, very frugal always, said he thinks we will start booking balconies. If for some reason I couldn't it wouldn't bother me, but I did love it!

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Welcome to the balcony life. Probably our first six cruises were porthole or window rooms and then we converted. We do not use the balcony a lot either but my favorite uses are: coffee and fruit delivery in the morning--- first cup of coffee while watching the sea go by, calling for iced tea and fruit when we return from port and just relaxing before getting ready for supper.

We have done the Haven (NCL) a few times and would book that all the time if not for the cost. Spa suites are nice also.

We are also in our late 60s and we look at it this way.... the more we spend the less the kids will have to fight over and the less the nursing home will get.

We enjoy the extra space a balcony provides. Even if we only go out there a bit, it's worth it, to us. We tend to NOT vegetate in our cabin...but when we ARE there, it's a nice bonus space! There is no way I can do an inside cabin...I absolutely HATE electric lights in the daytime.!

I love the balcony. I love to leave the door open while sleeping. So peaceful. We use ours more than we expected. At sea days if the deck is to crazy, we gather 'snacks' and head back to the balcony, read books, or actually talk to each other. :)