True last minute cruise deals

• 5 weeks later...
Cruise lines often will send out emails to advertise last minute cruise...the time frame you mentioned is a little tight. We got a great deal this weekend 28 DAYS OUT ON rc 7 DAY INSIDE CABIN 344

Great news. What is the price, ship, date and itinerary?

I’m retired and can pick up and go on a cruise at any time. I live in South Florida and can get to Fort Lauderdale or Miami in about an hour. Other than the obvious problem of perhaps not being able to get my preferred cabin, why should I not wait until within 30 days of sailing to book a cruise? With this strategy I don’t pay a deposit, I’m in little danger of paying penalties, I don’t need trip cancellation insurance, and I may get a rock bottom price on an unfilled ship. This seems to be an especially good ploy on cruises round trip to Florida, but gets a bit more complicated on those that need air. What am I missing?

It's a good strategy if you can get a good deal / big discount 4-6 weeks prior to sailing.

Unfortunately, there are very few last minute deals available.

Also, the much higher airfare (last minute) will negate the savings on Cruise fare.

I’m retired and can pick up and go on a cruise at any time. I live in South Florida and can get to Fort Lauderdale or Miami in about an hour. Other than the obvious problem of perhaps not being able to get my preferred cabin, why should I not wait until within 30 days of sailing to book a cruise? With this strategy I don’t pay a deposit, I’m in little danger of paying penalties, I don’t need trip cancellation insurance, and I may get a rock bottom price on an unfilled ship. This seems to be an especially good ploy on cruises round trip to Florida, but gets a bit more complicated on those that need air. What am I missing?

You are missing that it's fun to have something to look forward to!

I too was looking for a last minute deal with just limiting my search to ports I can drive to and nothing came up. The pricing seems the same regardless and none of the prices were "discounted". I used the TAs that are available by clicking on the "deals" banner on this web site.

They should rename it from "deals" to "gotcha sucker".

• 1 month later...
I have yet to find a true last minute cruise deal or site. I am talking about cruise deals that the ship leaves in a week or ten days and has deep discounts. Does such a site exist?

You can try cruiseplum.com. They're an information site, not a travel agent, which is why I can mention it here.

Ditto that’s the way we cruise. I’ve done a week in advance. Got on the NCL Epic a few years ago for 199.00 pp: only way for us: retired and pack at all times. we are in south FL too,

• 1 month later...

We live local to Port Canaveral in Florida. Our last cruise was advertised for $99 interior, then gave us an upgrade option for a window room at $119. This was 40ish days before sailing. Between the deal, taxes, prepaid gratuities and a liquor drink package we paid less than $600

(Enchantment of the seas, January 2014)

That is a great deal!!!

WE WENT OUT OF GALVESTON IN OCT FOR INTERIOR 344 PLUS PORT TAXES

I HAVE FOUND LUCK JUST WATCHING AND HAVE FOUND THAT ABOUT 5-6 WEEKS OUT IS BEST

WE ARE GOING OUT OF TAMPA IN FEB 435 INTERIOR

Once I bought airfare and just watched for the best deal....