Where do you buy costume jewelry?

• 7 years later...

If you are looking for gaudy, big, "statement" necklaces and earrings, try Bauble Bar. Hit up their website. They also have more sedate stuff. I'm not into statement stuff, but I've bought a few small necklaces (like the small bar with my initial) and bracelets from there.

When I lived in Los Angeles, a girlfriend turned me on to a place in Beverly Hills called XIV Karats. Still in business. One of those places where you have to get buzzed in the door. They had "dynamic pricing" for their gold - it was based on weight and that day's gold market price. I ended up getting my 10th anniversary diamond there (to replace the very tiny one in my original engagement ring, the "new" one is a whopping .45 carats - what I wanted). Also bought plenty of 14K bracelets and necklaces there. They also had CZ stud earrings in 14K settings. I bought 2 different sizes, the 1/4 and 1/2 carat, to use as the "2nd hole" studs for my ears. I could have bought the same from them with diamonds, but I did not want to spend that much money for the 2nd studs. I found it interesting that such a high-end place (my friend had money and I usually just windowshopped on my trips with her) had CZs as part of their collections.

• 2 weeks later...

Paparazzi Jewelry! Everything is $5 and it's really cute. All different styles. Just bought 2 necklaces last week. It's all online sales, through FB parties. I figure if I don't like it when it arrives, oh well, it was only $5!

I get a lot of mine from HauteLook.com (plus Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack), Talbots and BaubleBar. Sometimes I'll see something at one site/store and then just search for it online for a less expensive version. Or perhaps I want a certain style, but I'd like to have it in 100% sterling silver, so I'll search in the opposite fashion. I tend to like to use major retailers, so returns are easy.

I haven't had good luck with items from Etsy - no doubt they have some REALLY cute things. A few times now I've purchased jewelry items, and they were really SO cheaply made, broke or discolored quickly...and they weren't inexpensive. So I don't purchase jewelry from Etsy anymore. I also find Etsy's 'review' system to be very misleading/deceptive for customers.

• 3 weeks later...

I like to shop thrift shops and flea markets for interesting pieces. I found some gorgeous earrings for $2 yesterday that perfectly matched a bronze and black top I found in the same thrift shop (and the plus is that the shop's proceeds benefit a local women's shelter)

Sent from my iPad using Forums