Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

All those pies sound so-o-o delicious! Lucky family to have you as the baker:*.

Our family is just beginning to exchange Christmas lists. I usually order most everything from amazon and have it wrapped and sent to them. Envious of those of you who get to spend the holiday with all the family!

Not doing much house cleaning. We have been in our new home 16 months and I vowed to keep it clean...mostly that has worked (I clean a closet or drawers periodically), but still need to move furniture around for a deep cleaning before cold weather. I love having the windows open during cleaning.

Lol, sure is, but it’s worth it! Apple, blueberry, cherry, fig (squares, but still pie crust), lemon squares, pecan, chocolate silk, pecan, pumpkin, raspberry, probably a couple more & tapioca pudding (with pineapple & whipped cream) & 3 kinds of fudge. It’s kind of like a diabetic coma when we’re done!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

WOW! That is amazing. They all sound wonderful. The only thing missing is a grape pie. (which I don't like)

Not doing much house cleaning. We have been in our new home 16 months and I vowed to keep it clean...mostly that has worked (I clean a closet or drawers periodically), but still need to move furniture around for a deep cleaning before cold weather. I love having the windows open during cleaning.

I also love to have the windows open when I clean. Moving things around and doing windows was one of the things that I did this time.

I also like my windows and doors open while I clean. Makes it hard when the temps outside are 115+ degrees. That is why the last couple days with the temps in the 90's have been so nice.

Well, I got the "cruise" room all cleaned out and ready for my grandson. The only thing that is left to remove is our packed suitcases for our trip to Italy in Nov. and cruise in Dec.

It is supposed to get above 105 tomorrow so I doubt if much happens here as far as cleaning.

Awhfy, are you fixing all those pies and bars for an army? Wow that is a lot of sweets!

Hope everyone has a good evening and enjoys this gorgeous weather.

I also like my windows and doors open while I clean. Makes it hard when the temps outside are 115+ degrees. That is why the last couple days with the temps in the 90's have been so nice.

Well, I got the "cruise" room all cleaned out and ready for my grandson. The only thing that is left to remove is our packed suitcases for our trip to Italy in Nov. and cruise in Dec.

It is supposed to get above 105 tomorrow so I doubt if much happens here as far as cleaning.

Awhfy, are you fixing all those pies and bars for an army? Wow that is a lot of sweets!

Hope everyone has a good evening and enjoys this gorgeous weather.

Where is Italy are you traveling to?

Where is Italy are you traveling to?

We are flying to Venice and renting a car to drive to Vicenza for about 4 nights and then to Trieste for 4 nights.

We are planning on going to Slovania, and possibly driving to the Alps.

We also want to go to Aviano and Bolzano.

So mainly staying around the northern part of Italy.

Have you been to Italy before? Any suggestions as to what to see or do or what to do?

I have been researching a lot on Italy and there is a lot that we want to do but not enough time to get to the southern part of Italy and the northern part. So we chose the Northern this time.

On Dec. 1 we board the MSC Seaside to bring her home to Miami to be Christened. Brand new ship and it is still being built.

Awhfy, now all those pies make sense to me. College students can eat the food! I know my grandchildren that are in college seem to be able to eat more than any 3 grown men put together. I really don't know where they put it. :D ;p

Have a great day everyone,

Gerry

We are flying to Venice and renting a car to drive to Vicenza for about 4 nights and then to Trieste for 4 nights.

We are planning on going to Slovania, and possibly driving to the Alps.

We also want to go to Aviano and Bolzano.

So mainly staying around the northern part of Italy.

Have you been to Italy before? Any suggestions as to what to see or do or what to do?

I have been researching a lot on Italy and there is a lot that we want to do but not enough time to get to the southern part of Italy and the northern part. So we chose the Northern this time.

On Dec. 1 we board the MSC Seaside to bring her home to Miami to be Christened. Brand new ship and it is still being built.

Awhfy, now all those pies make sense to me. College students can eat the food! I know my grandchildren that are in college seem to be able to eat more than any 3 grown men put together. I really don't know where they put it. :D ;p

Have a great day everyone,

Gerry

We spent a month is Italy in 1999. We were in a small town between Rome and Naples called Gaeta. We spent tiime in Rome with family and in Gaeta. We did go on tour to the other side of Italy to Padre Pio. We also went to Pompeii.

Gaeta

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4bqXPOaM5ErpDNo6F3v0s0JAgpz1SLt-CJppvpWIt172k1XM6

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLTU0a0bJSos6gHlxbz-SxzTN2EFDlEWRBcaBmfBm_Foz_XDhs

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRinbmQMCg3w2libjRgTXalDGCfVTvaOELJsVAXI2mv-v0Q4koC

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQP-SNEhZ9B32s7IJSJqj5vLQTU4TbHkXzmnCUApjtuDpO9yvdxFw

Returned last night from a long weekend in Minneapolis. We helped DS & family empty and clean the house they sold. They will live in a friend's condo until their new home is built (probably early Feb). It was a busy weekend...no time for shopping:rolleyes:.

It was a happy time with family...and a very sad time as we watched the news coming from Las Vegas. So many tragic events lately...

After several failed attempts to upload photos, I gave up. The message is that the size is too big and I must resize manually. Haven't had luck with that. I will continue to work on it...choosing Outfits begins in early November and posting photos is one of the fun things to do...

When DH was in the Army, we lived in Wurzburg, Germany and traveled to Italy...that was in the mid 60's. Venice was, and I'm sure still is, a fascinating city. Anxious to hear about your experience! Let us know if European fashion differs from the CCF attire.

Yesterday was my "Make Over" Day at the Clinique counter. Trish, the Clinique rep, spent an hour & a half, starting with a clean face totally devoid of anything.

She did the 3-Step thing that Clinique is known for. Then several serum/moisturizer/pore shrinker creams.

Most interesting to me was the eye makeup. I know what works for me in foundation and blush, but wanted guidance for eyes. She used more eyeliner and eye shadow than I would.

Of course, after finishing, the question was, "Are there products you would like to purchase?"...I bought the foundation.

Most puzzling is that Clinique has no product with an SPF. Sunscreen would be yet another layer to apply.

DH liked the look, agreeing that the eye makeup was more than usual, but would be nice for dress-up occasions.

My Opinion: Never pass up the opportunity to have a Make Over! You always learn something.

geocruiser: Thanks for the link! Trying to find the right cosmetics is so difficult:eek:. Every company claims to be "the best" and the only way to know if it's right for us, is to buy it, or in a department store, Ulta, Sephora, etc., is to try a sample.

I'm liking the Clinique foundation and use my CeraVe moisturizer with SPF underneath.

This week we go under 90 days till The Next Cruise:cool:. It seems like forever since we boarded a ship!

DH & I will have a 90 Days Dinner to celebrate. The Next Cruise is the same as we did last January, with one port change. Instead of Miami, we go to Freeport, Grand Bahama. Never been there...

We really liked Charleston and look forward to another chance to explore and have lunch. Last year we ate at "Husk" and I bought the chef/owner's cookbook, so our Dinner will consist of dishes from that book.

DH doesn't know about the 2 excursions I booked: to a plantation in Charleston (with plenty of time to be on our own) and a "Best Of" in Freeport. From posts, I've read that Freeport isn't a wonderful place to go....seeing it in a tour bus is what we always do the first time in a new port. Hoping that the posts are wrong....

AND - went to a fundraiser breakfast for women Saturday and actually won a door prize...travel size Elemis products + Disney cruise toiletries! Guess someone was on a Disney cruise and didn't want these items. I'm happy to add them to my stash of travel sizes.

I want to start putting outfits together, but will try to wait until early November...maybe I can start with the makeup/toiletries bag....

Edited by indiana71

geocruiser: Thanks for the link! Trying to find the right cosmetics is so difficult:eek:. Every company claims to be "the best" and the only way to know if it's right for us, is to buy it, or in a department store, Ulta, Sephora, etc., is to try a sample.

I'm liking the Clinique foundation and use my CeraVe moisturizer with SPF underneath.

This week we go under 90 days till The Next Cruise:cool:. It seems like forever since we boarded a ship!

DH & I will have a 90 Days Dinner to celebrate. The Next Cruise is the same as we did last January, with one port change. Instead of Miami, we go to Freeport, Grand Bahama. Never been there...

We really liked Charleston and look forward to another chance to explore and have lunch. Last year we ate at "Husk" and I bought the chef/owner's cookbook, so our Dinner will consist of dishes from that book.

DH doesn't know about the 2 excursions I booked: to a plantation in Charleston (with plenty of time to be on our own) and a "Best Of" in Freeport. From posts, I've read that Freeport isn't a wonderful place to go....seeing it in a tour bus is what we always do the first time in a new port. Hoping that the posts are wrong....

AND - went to a fundraiser breakfast for women Saturday and actually won a door prize...travel size Elemis products + Disney cruise toiletries! Guess someone was on a Disney cruise and didn't want these items. I'm happy to add them to my stash of travel sizes.

I want to start putting outfits together, but will try to wait until early November...maybe I can start with the makeup/toiletries bag....

I also lve Charleston. Years ago we took a cruise ut of there and pre cruise stayed there for threee nights.

I have been to Freeport twice. Both time I liked it very much. The first time was years ago with a group of friends. Had a great time. The second time was by cruise ship. We couldn't make it into another port, so they took us to Freeport. I don't even remember what ship it was on. We went a ahopping area to shop. The ride there was very nice.

We are starting to get ready for our cruise. It is in 63 days and then another one less than a month later.

We enjoy cruising very much.

Goo Afternoon ladies,

Well, we got our E-tickets today for our cruise on 1 Dec. We are going to leave here in 38 days to fly to Miami and then to Venice Italy for an 8 day trip thru Italy. Can't wait. I have all of our dress and casual evening clothes packed. I have all my daytime clothes packed and am ready to go. DH still has his daywear to pack but that he is putting in his carry-on.

I have our solar chargers out and charging them, got the cameras all charged (all 8 batteries, I guess I better be planning on a lot of pictures). Have both of my tablets charged and packed. Only thing left to pack is my pillow and winter coat. I am so ready to go.

DH says I am crazy being packed this early but knowing him he would pack on the way to the airport if I would let him. (And we only live 5 minutes from the airport).

It is starting to cool down here in Yuma, so I have been busy doing all the fall cleaning. I have a bad itch to start getting some more sewing done but I don't want to start a bunch of projects and not get them done before we leave.

Hope everyone has a great Columbus day tomorrow.

Gerry

geocruiser: Good to hear a positive comment RE Freeport! We always look forward to a new port and are relieved when it's better than some visitors reported.

TNGALOHA: I'm envious of you and geocruiser with cruises right around the corner.:cool: Our countdown clock is at 94 days.

Men generally have the same Packing Philosophy of waiting to the last minute and not thinking about "outfits".

Your comment: "DH says I am crazy being packed this early but knowing him he would pack on the way to the airport if I would let him." made me laugh! That's EXACTLY how my DH is;p!

Tngaloha,

.lI am like you, I want to be packed ahead of time. My DH is also packed way ahead of time, because I do his packing. I do his because I would not want him to throw a shirt, pants and a razor into a paper bag and call it packed.

Indiana,

When we went to Freeport several year ago and I went by bus to shop, I kept thinking to my self, this place is pretty, why do cruise PAX hate it so much. Maybe I was at a better part of the island, but it was really nice.

http://www.grandbahamavacations.com/about-the-island/towns-settlements/

http://www.grandbahamavacations.com/about-the-island/highlights-and-landmarks/

Things to do.

http://www.grandbahamavacations.com/things-to-do/

http://wikitravel.org/en/Freeport_(Bahamas)

geocruiser: Thanks for the Freeport links! Very helpful:cool:.

It's a very wet, chilly day here...and yes, I went shopping:rolleyes:. The consignment shops had sales. Tried on lots, but came home with a black & white print any-occasion dress and a red fleece jacket.

The only item on my list was a pair of dress black pants...didn't even try any on. Pants are the hardest thing for me. The fit is never right...

At the big mall 40 minutes away, a new department store has opened. Looks like a road trip is in the near future:D!

geocruiser: Thanks for the Freeport links! Very helpful:cool:.

It's a very wet, chilly day here...and yes, I went shopping:rolleyes:. The consignment shops had sales. Tried on lots, but came home with a black & white print any-occasion dress and a red fleece jacket.

The only item on my list was a pair of dress black pants...didn't even try any on. Pants are the hardest thing for me. The fit is never right...

At the big mall 40 minutes away, a new department store has opened. Looks like a road trip is in the near future:D!

Have you been watching Jeopardy? The 11 or 12 time winner that they have on now is Auston Rogers. He is from Manhattan and last night he said that all his clothing from suits, shirts, ties, socks , shoes etc. are form consignment/second hand shops. He said that he shops in the upper east side of Manhattan. A Good place to shop! He seen to find good thing.

I completely agree with the Jeopardy guy! Manhattan would have many more choices, but no matter the size of the shop, almost always there's at least one worthy item:cool:, and probably the business is locally owned which is another plus!!

Right now, I'm trying to find a good alterations person who can do the same professional job as my former Alternation Goddess. A couple skirts needed hemming, a couple dresses need a little work. A few nips and tucks makes any garment look like it came from a high end boutique.

Right now, I'm trying to find a good alterations person who can do the same professional job as my former Alternation Goddess. A couple skirts needed hemming, a couple dresses need a little work. A few nips and tucks makes any garment look like it came from a high end boutique.

Have you tried a local Bridal shop. Bridal alterations are hard to do, therefore the person would have to be a great sewer.

There's an Alterations Shop in the plaza near a local consignment shop...but the owner of the consignment shop did not recommend using that shop. I looked at the shop's fb page and saw all positive comments (including a couple brides)...so deciding to give her a try, I called and then took pants, a skirt and a dress that all needed hemming. Figured if that is done well, I'll try one of the more complicated alterations next time.

My only surprise: Those 3 hemmed items won't be done for several weeks!! There are 2 alterations ladies and they are very busy right now. Guess that indicates they do a good job...