I.d.

MZ1cruise

My Birth Cert has my first name spelled one way and it's spelled another on my Drivers License. I have used my Drivers License spelling all my life. Will I be able to board?

Why wouldn't you want all of your IDs spelled like it is on your birth certificate. Makes life a lot easier.

Why wouldn't you want all of your IDs spelled like it is on your birth certificate. Makes life a lot easier.

Well you are exactly right. It would make life a lot easier.

I posted the following on another post:

Not to worry. If passport has correct spelling, you are fine. My drivers license has a completely different spelling. Actually my social security card & drivers license have the same first name spelling which is totally different than my birth certificate & passport.

Lol. It was an identity crisis when I was 19ish. It drives my DH "nuts"!!!

I'll answer to Jackie, Jacquelyne or Jacque

Welcome to cruise critic.

More information needed. Cruise line? Itinerary? Flying? Some cruises require a passport.

Check with your cruise line.

She’s going on the Carnival Pride to the Bahamas, not flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because of the Jones Act, all cruise itineraries include a foreign country. It has been years since PASSPORT is required to board AND get through customs AFTER the cruise

That is the sole form of identity used for your cruise..

1) The cruise line may have an issue with your two documents not agreeing when boarding.

2) CBP may have an issue with your two documents not agreeing when you return to the US.

If you get a passport, that will be the only ID needed, so as long as your cruise reservation and your passport agree, you will be fine.

BTW, your passport will agree with your birth certificate.

The other option is to get your name legally changed. Then have birth certificate, court order name change, and DL. Similar to married people traveling on BC and DL.

Because of the Jones Act, all cruise itineraries include a foreign country. It has been years since PASSPORT is required to board AND get through customs AFTER the cruise

Don't you mean PVSA ? Jones Act is cargo and PVSA is passengers. :) then again if we are talking about 'after the cruise. :D :D

1) It is not the Jones Act but the PVSA, Passenger Vessels

2) for US citizens, closed loop Western Hemisphere cruises do NOT require a passport, but simply a birth certificate and a govt issued id such as driver license. That is why OP is concerned about those two items matching.

OP should get the documents to match. Either go by the name on the BC and change the DL. OR, change the BC to match the BC if you go by the name on the BC. Having this difference will be an issue if you get a passport and when you go to collect Social Security.

You need all the names to match. What you go by, your BC, and your DL.