Name on ID

Redeemed92412

You have to go to the drivers examination office in my town because the dmv says drivers examinator has to approve it, I would rather go to the dentist

Is this a renewal license or the first he has had? If a renewal, did the previous licenedt have his name spelled correctly? If so, should be very easy to get this one changed. If you havve the expired oldd one and it has his corrredct name, bring that and his birth certificate along with the incorrect licens

You have to go to the drivers examination office in my town because the dmv says drivers examinator has to approve it, I would rather go to the dentist

Good thing it’s his DL and not yours, lol

Best to change it ASAP.

Why the hesitation about him going to DMV to have it corrected? Not like he would have to take a new driving test is it?

Just seems like a super easy no brainer! DMV can fix this issue very quickly, in some states over the counter in other states less than 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why the hesitation about him going to DMV to have it corrected? Not like he would have to take a new driving test is it?

It wouldn’t be just the dmv, it would be the drivers license administers office which in our town you get there at 7:30 and wait in line for three hours and hope your number is one that they get to that day, one worker! It’s usually just a couple day ordeal and then of course they give you the paper and then you go to the actual dmv and it takes five minutes to fix your issue! Just hate how our office operates but if the dmv could do it...it would take no time

Not to worry. If passport has correct spelling, you are fine. My drivers license has a completely different spelling. Actually my social security card & drivers license have the same first name spelling which is totally different than my birth certificate & passport.

Lol. It was an identity crisis when I was 19ish. It drives my DH "nuts"!!!

I'll answer to Jackie, Jacquelyne or Jacque

Edited by robthens
addition

FWIW, if all your ID's don't match, it could create problems later on, not just cruise related. I've gone by Julie my whole life, but my legal name is Julia. Which is how my Mother's will refered to me as. I had to jump through hoops before I could sign documents to start settling her estate. It's easier to get everything to match when you're not in the middle of grieving......

It wouldn’t be just the dmv, it would be the drivers license administers office which in our town you get there at 7:30 and wait in line for three hours and hope your number is one that they get to that day, one worker! It’s usually just a couple day ordeal and then of course they give you the paper and then you go to the actual dmv and it takes five minutes to fix your issue! Just hate how our office operates but if the dmv could do it...it would take no time

Sounds like it's all worth it to get the drivers license corrected. If you're flying TSA may be another hurdle with the license not matching the boarding pass for the flight.

Sounds like it's all worth it to get the drivers license corrected. If you're flying TSA may be another hurdle with the license not matching the boarding pass for the flight.

If your ID does not match your boarding pass EXACTLY, you WILL have issues with TSA. And the airline.

I have the issue that I am a Junior. Several of the airlines do not have a separate field for suffix, so it has to be in the last name field.

RCI has a separate field in their C&A system, but not in the My Cruises and reservations systems. So I have to have my Jr in for my reservations. Then I have to have the Jr to link the reservation to My Cruises. But then I have to take it out, to access Crown & Anchor.

If your ID does not match your boarding pass EXACTLY, you WILL have issues with TSA. And the airline.

I have the issue that I am a Junior. Several of the airlines do not have a separate field for suffix, so it has to be in the last name field.

RCI has a separate field in their C&A system, but not in the My Cruises and reservations systems. So I have to have my Jr in for my reservations. Then I have to have the Jr to link the reservation to My Cruises. But then I have to take it out, to access Crown & Anchor.

Thanks for making my point.

Sounds like RI

Sent from my iPad using Forums

AAA does a lot of DMV stuff. Maybe you can get it done there. That is if you are a member. Might be worth becoming one if they will do it. I do all my DMV stuff there. A fraction of the time.

AAA does a lot of DMV stuff. Maybe you can get it done there. That is if you are a member. Might be worth becoming one if they will do it. I do all my DMV stuff there. A fraction of the time.

Same for me. I last renewed my license at nearby AAA office. It wa I the year an eye exam was required so I could not renew on line but doing it at AAA was fast and easy,.